Author Topic: Beta-Portable Wired/Wireless DMX Tester (See first post for specs and features)  (Read 58158 times)

Offline dlhoppe

The build photos in the manual just got a whole lot better. 

A big thank you to mokeefe!

Offline mokeefe

Just a quick followup to my earlier beta test post. 

I built the modified EX/RX board and attached it to the DMX Tester. It performed flawlessly with one of my LE's setup with wireless.  I didn't try it at any significant distance, but within the same room it worked fine.

-Mike

Offline dlhoppe

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This is why I want to try to find something that will take a base pdf (as opposed to a dxf/dwg) and add graphics to it.

-Paul

Any new developments on this? It would be very cool to post a collection of these in the wiki for download.

Offline n1ist

The COOP for the servo boards and DMX testers has begun.  You can find it
/mike
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, by n1ist »

Offline mokeefe

Will the case being offered in the coop already be machined with the proper cutouts?

-Mike

Offline dlhoppe

I believe Mike is looking into that. However, it may not be cost effective. Not sure yet.

If we don't go that way, there has been some templates posted earlier in this thread that will help in cutting them yourself.

Offline mokeefe

Yeah, I know about the templates. It's just hard (for me, anyway) to make the cutouts even close to the quality of a machined piece. If it's too expensive or time consuming we can live with the manual cutouts.

-Mike

I believe Mike is looking into that. However, it may not be cost effective. Not sure yet.

If we don't go that way, there has been some templates posted earlier in this thread that will help in cutting them yourself.

Offline n1ist

Unfortunately, Serpac has a $300 tooling charge; in quantity 50, the machined cases would have been $20 each; I can get the cases for under $5 from Mouser
/mike

Offline dlhoppe

Now that this device has been released and is currently in coop, please use the new dedicated discussion board for any further questions and topics.

Offline Rod R

• Coop Manager
Mike,

Any plans on looking into a Pixel Net version?  I know it couldn't be done on this one due to limitation on the display charters (3) for DMX 512 limit.

Offline rm357

I don't know if they are wired, but there are three decimal points that could be used to give you a binary representation of which of the eight E1.31 blocks you are in.

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA