Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH LSP CHASE SEQUENCING  (Read 1705 times)

Offline SPETSNASTY

PROBLEMS WITH LSP CHASE SEQUENCING
« on: January 03, 2011, »
Hi everyone
I've asked this question before, but probably phrased it badly. so....
I have just started to use and get familiar with lsp 60 day download, prior to full purchase.
Figured it would give me a head start, for when i get the full package.
I get he fades, twinkles, and shimmers...GREAT EFFECTS.
But, chaser sequences ? I used clip board chase, and ok. It's a sort of chase effect.
It's probably me doing something wrong, I've tried across channel and non cross select.
I draw a C9 line, select my colour( I only want one colour to chase ) then I hit the same prob
every time.
first my line never extends all the way I drew it, I have to go back and manually drag it.
Then when I run the simulator, it clumps ! either three block, four , or even five.
not the smooth linear chase i'm after.
So please could some kind person explain to me where I'm going wrong ?
and also how i get the chase to jump smoothly from one light string to the next in sequence.
thanks

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: PROBLEMS WITH LSP CHASE SEQUENCING
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi everyone
I've asked this question before, but probably phrased it badly. so....
I have just started to use and get familiar with lsp 60 day download, prior to full purchase.
Figured it would give me a head start, for when i get the full package.
I get he fades, twinkles, and shimmers...GREAT EFFECTS.
But, chaser sequences ? I used clip board chase, and ok. It's a sort of chase effect.
It's probably me doing something wrong, I've tried across channel and non cross select.
I draw a C9 line, select my colour( I only want one colour to chase ) then I hit the same prob
every time.
first my line never extends all the way I drew it, I have to go back and manually drag it.
Then when I run the simulator, it clumps ! either three block, four , or even five.
not the smooth linear chase i'm after.
So please could some kind person explain to me where I'm going wrong ?
and also how i get the chase to jump smoothly from one light string to the next in sequence.
thanks

Can you make a video of the issue(s) that you are having? Or maybe setup a logmein account so we can look at it together? Still not fully understanding what your issue is. You don't have to pick a color as the object will be drawn in the color that you have assigned to the channel.

I am a moderator on the LSP forum and check that much more often than this forum, so if i don't answer your posts quickly that is probably why.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline SPETSNASTY

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, »
UERIKA ! I'm nothing if not persistant.
even allowing for lagging on the sequencer, I managed to get a fair chase sequence going to simulate snowfall.
So by my calculations, I'm looking at one 16 channel controller per sequence. (right or wrong ? ) i'm still in the learning curve here ...lol the logic being , that if I want x-number of lights to perform in orchestra. I must devote one controller to that phase. And use as many as required to gain the shows affect.
is this logic sound ?
thanks for the speedy reply.

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, »
Depending on your video card the "visualizer" could lag some. You might try turning "Shared Virtualzier" off. That will put the visualizer/virtualizer in the dock able "Display Preview" window which you can move and size. You will then be able to watch the channels turn on and off in the grid and also see the display in the preview window.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline SPETSNASTY

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, »
Thanks,
cracked that one. moved on to rgb now lol
reading through the threads for glimmers.
As Arnie would say.............."I'll be back."

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, »
by "glimmer" to do mean shimmer or twinkle?

Just a suggestion, when you are on the LSP forum, you will get faster answer to your questions there. I do check this forum a few times a day however.
Thanks
Mike