Author Topic: PICkit 3!  (Read 10648 times)

Offline Trepidati0n

PICkit 3!
« on: January 06, 2011, »
My PICkit 2 bit the dust last night.  Had that nice special smell.  It has been a good little programmer.  Question of the day, is the Lynx eqiupment working well with the PICkit 3 or will I be the first sucker?
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: PICkit 3!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, »
There are many using Picit3. I still have the duece.

Offline Trepidati0n

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, »
Any luck with the eBay knockoffs?
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, »
I'm using the PICKIT 3 and I had no issues building my Lynx Express and or my DMX Dongle.

If you are planning to upgrade or looking to start out with PICKIT 3 I would recommend this bundle;

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, »
I'll second Inzeos' recommendation.   

Offline batdive

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, »
Also use the Pickit 3 beta software for programming..  It is what you are use to with the Pickit 2 utility.  I have been using the Pickit 3 for all of my stuff and have not had a problem yet.

Link:

Enjoy

JS

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, by batdive »

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, »
I've seen a number of posts recommending j1sys as a pickit vendor and I'll likely spend my dollars there.  The link above is for a full kit that includes all of the flavors of ZIF boards.  I'm a newbie here so I'm not sure what PIC's are used in DLA hardware and as I understand it some of the PIC's can be programmed directly in circuit without the need for the external board. I'll likely be doing a lot of constructing this year (SS controllers,  SS hubs, dongle, etc.).  Is there single ZIF board that will satisfy my needs so that I can save a few dollars or will I need utilize mutliple ZIF's? Thanks.

-Mike

Offline zach stoltenberg

• technicolor christmas
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, »

I'm wondering what the differences are between this kit and the one offered by J1sys.  Obviously there has to be some measurable difference as it is half the price (with free shipping).  I have always believed you get what you pay for, but I'm wondering what the $30 difference is here.  Any help?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login :: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline cBell

• Christmas in Brewster
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, »

I'm wondering what the differences are between this kit and the one offered by J1sys.  Obviously there has to be some measurable difference as it is half the price (with free shipping).  I have always believed you get what you pay for, but I'm wondering what the $30 difference is here.  Any help?

That is a PicKit clone whereas the one offered by J1Sys is an original (OEM) PicKit.

Quote from the Ebay Page
As the clone of Microship PICkit 3 programmer/debugger
-Chris
Follow my journey: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, »

Some of the PIC's we use are 28 pin models, I don't know if that 40 pin adapter can be used to work with them

Offline rayster

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, »
Greetings,

I ordered  a Pickit 3 on Monday and received it on Wednesday for a total of $79.00 from J1sys :), now I am thinking of all the other little projects I can make for both Halloween and Xmas.

Ray

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, »
I just received my PICkit3 from j1sys. I think that I have it figured out. We will see shortly.
Jim Wright

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, »
Boy, j1sys should consider making a donation to DLA with all the referrals he's getting.  I just received my pickit 3 system from them this week too.

-Mike

Offline steve_hirst

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, »
honestly, with the amount of support and work he puts into new DIY projects on some of the other forums, I think he already gives quite a bit back. Do some looking and you will see.

Offline caretaker

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, »
Actually supporting fellow DIYers helps us all out. (Yes I just got my PICkit3 and ZIF sockets from J1SYS )
Jeff Squires