Author Topic: 140ct incans  (Read 1044 times)

Offline zwiller

140ct incans
« on: January 12, 2011, »
My big lots has these cheap.  I am a bit concerned with the bulb count.  I have not seen this bulb ct before.   I understand they could properly make them this way, it just weird.  Maybe I could test?  Anyone have any thoughts?  Greatly appreciated!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

Re: 140ct incans
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, »
Just about every set that I have seen with this count was some type of controlled or animated light set. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, »
No controller or anything.  These look, smell, feel like 100 ct incans.  They are 50cents now.  Could these be 4 sections of 35ct?  Don't know if better or worse.  Worried these guys will burn out much sooner than the 100cts. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, »
If the are only 50 cents a box, who cares if they don't last as long as others.  I have 35 count strings on some light posts that I made that are going on 10 years old now and the strings still light.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, »
I hear ya.  I just don't want to waste time building stuff with them for them to fail in an hour.  Gonna grab em and give a few a test.   Thanks tbone, hopefully they are the same mfg as your 35 cts!

Offline inzeos

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, »
At $0.50 cents a box I would even buy the pre-animated ones ;)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, »
Went Big Lots on the lunch hour and picked these up.  There were originally $4 marked down 75% to $1, NOT 50 cents.  Sorry if I got anybody overexcited.  I thought it was still a good deal. 

BTW they are 4 x 35 count.   

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, »
the bulbs "should" be 3.5v getting about 3.4v from the cord
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, »
Instructions said strand is 62.4W (.52A) so at 140ct the bulbs are .45W per bulb.  Plugged in a set an they appear as bright and constructed the same as typical 100cts. 

I will "try" to keep the replacement bulbs stored properly labeled.  At this time I vison them being split into two 70ct sections for a small to medium arch with 8 channels.