Author Topic: North Poles  (Read 5915 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: North Poles
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2011, »
Instead of drilling holes, you might consider wrapping them with red rope light
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline BigVettePimp

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2011, »
I'm planning on adding an SSR4/DMX in the pole,  4 c9 LEDs (R,G,B,W) inside the globe and an integrated arch mount to the bases.Function, color, flashy. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. >.d9

Offline Al

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2011, »
nice North Poles, I was wondering if you put a string of lights inside the pvc pipe that it would make the whole thing glow?

Al

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
nice North Poles, I was wondering if you put a string of lights inside the pvc pipe that it would make the whole thing glow?

Al

the light would not shine thru
Jeff

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, »
I'm planning on adding an SSR4/DMX in the pole,  4 c9 LEDs (R,G,B,W) inside the globe and an integrated arch mount to the bases.Function, color, flashy. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. >.d9
  I thought of doing the same and decided to buy those color changing bulbs and just have them on in static mode not controlling them this year but still get the blinky effect some what
Jeff

Offline bdk197

• The Keen Family Lights
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, »
I did something very similar but used some 3 channel DMX controllers form China driving some RGB LED modules from bigclive.
Test video of 4 of them running - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2011, »
[quote  ...I could then drill holes and add red lights as necessary for nighttime.

Lots of possibilities, not just for north poles. :D
[/quote]

Or you could add rope light clips to the stripes and use different colored rope lights and multiple channels.
Thanks
Mike

Offline sakkk05

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, »
Love the Idea!!!! I'm thinking clear PVC painted red and white with the light inside would make them glow nicely!!!!

Offline CB

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, »
Love the Idea!!!! I'm thinking clear PVC painted red and white with the light inside would make them glow nicely!!!!

OK please let me know where you can find clear PVC?

Offline sakkk05

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, »
I havn't used any clear PVC for a while but there are several places to find it online. It is about 2x the price of reg PVC (at least the last time I used it)  Could possibly use the same fittings and bend choroplast for the tube!!

Offline sakkk05

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, »
WOW just did a quick search on 4" clear PVC looks like it is up to $23.00 per FOOT. Like the idea but may be a little cost prohibitive LOL!!! I'm thinking try coro for the tube!!!

Offline rogerwh

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, »
Not sure it is sturdy enough to meet the needs but clear plastic tubing can be found for under $1 ft if bought in quantities.  Might want to request some samples and see how it works out.

Offline CB

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2011, »
That is why I asked because the costs I was seeing would make it almost more productive to use glass.

Offline sakkk05

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2011, »
The plastic tubing on the link looks promising 18 3" x 48" tubes for around $60 sounds a lot better than $25 per foot LOL. Glass would be cool but a little more difficult to work with and with the wind that I get would prob be broken easily. I have a new project to play with!!!

Offline CB

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2011, »
I actually just orders some of those clear tubes in large diameter for making a couple of north poles plus some of the smaller 1" with the hope of being able to heat them and bend them at the top for making some candy canes as well using red and clear mini lights (need to find some use for incans for 2011).

This all has me now thinking about putting in a pneumatic tube station to allow for donations to be deposited directly into my garage...ha ha ha good lord this hobby is like crack.  I need a methadone clinic after the holidays. :-[