Author Topic: Wireless Help  (Read 1531 times)

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
Wireless Help
« on: January 20, 2011, »
Ok, I have tried looking to determine what components I need to go wireless but am not sure looking at the equipment page. So let me begin by telling you what I want to do and maybe you could help with the right equipment. Is 'Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2' a transmitter, receiver, or both.

#1 computer > usb > dongle > cable > ? (wireless transmitter not sure which component 'Transmitter (TX) Ver 1' or 'Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2' )

#2 LE with Express Receiver (EX/RX)Ver 2 > ? (wireless transmitter for neighbors universe not sure what component so he could sync up)

Thanks
Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Randy_A

• Lockport Lights
Re: Wireless Help
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, »
Scott,

Have a look here.. This should help you figure out some things. The Version 2 tx/rx can be either. Selected by the jumper setting.

Hope this helps out some..

Randy

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, »
The Ver2 units are all that are available now.  The Tx/Rx unit can be either a transmitter or receiver depending on how you configure it and can switch modes simply by moving a jumper.  If you already have the Ex/Rx unit then make sure that it is flashed with the VER 2 compatable firmware.  As for the neighbors universe, you can use the ver 2 Tx/Rx but who is controlling the universe? 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, »
Thanks.

I do not have any wireless components just trying to determine what I need. Do they have coops for the wireless components?

Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, »
Yes they do although I don't know when the next one will happen.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving