Author Topic: LSP with windows 7 question  (Read 1754 times)

Offline csteph7

LSP with windows 7 question
« on: January 30, 2011, »
I just got a new computer and am trying to get LSP to work with the new operating system windows 7.  When I plug the dongle in for the first time it automatically loads in the drivers.  This is unlike XP where you have to manually do it.  I checked the driver web site and this is what it says is supposed to happen but I can't get the LSP to communicate with either an Aether or an express.  I have confirmed that I have the comport is there in the device manager, adjusted the baud rate on the comport to 57600,  checked the ouput plugin configuration to confirm it is on the correct com port, created a new animation sequence and dragged over the lynx express 16 channel controller, set it to begin on channel 17, confirmed that the express is also set to start at 17, set the jumper on the express to wired  and confirmed the the data light is on.  But when I try the test controller function in LSP nothing happens

Any thoughts on what to check next would be appreciatted

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: LSP with windows 7 question
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, »
LSP has a known issue that the com port  must be below com port 10.  (at least on XP and Vista). I don't have win 7 but that might be your issue.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, »
The Lynx dongle works best at 115K baud.     
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline prof

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, »
The latest FTDI driver needs to be downloaded and installed before plugging in the dongle

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The latest FTDI driver needs to be downloaded and installed before plugging in the dongle

Isn't that what happens when Win7 goes out to the driver update site and loads a driver?  Is that not the latest one?  The FTDI site says to do just that for Win7 when you try to find a driver for Win7 on their site!   I followed their instructions, allowed Win7 to go get a driver, and my dongle worked with Vixen (have not tried LSP YET!)

Kirk
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline csteph7

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, »
I got it to work now but am using the the controller for the lynx express not the RGB controller.  Has anyone used LSP to drive the aether and what controller did you use?

Chris

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, »
Chris,

What protocol does the aether use and what did you try in LSP?

Mike
Thanks
Mike

Offline egenoup

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, »
The Aether uses DMX.  It it RGB, but has an additional channel to turn on the aether to white.  this channel overrides any setting on the RGB channels.  This means that the Aether uses 4 DMX channels, White, Red, Green and Blue.  So if you set the Aether to start channel 200, then white would be on 200, red on 201, etc... 

Hope that helps.

CharlesS.     <wd..

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, »
Here is the way I configure a Mighty Mini Flood light which has rgbw on a 24 channel controller That could run 6 flood lights

Controller is configured for 12 channels and is RGB.
   Channel 1 is RGB and has 3 tracks.(RGB 1,2,3)
   Channel 4 is RGB and the trhree tracks are all configured to white and channel 4
   Channel 5 is RGB and has 3 tracks (5,6,7) configured as RGB
   Channel 8 is RGB and the three tracks are all configured to white and channel 8

repeat for the remainder of the floods

Hope that makes sense and helps some. I have an msq file if anyone is interested.

Mike
Thanks
Mike