Author Topic: Animated Fountains?  (Read 7916 times)

Offline mmulvenna

• Patron Member
Re: Animated Fountains?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, »
I like another poster don't understand the attraction for Christmas.

But if you want you can Google "laminar fountains" , you will find lots of stuff on them.

There is also another forum called "PlanetChr .... "  <fp.   >:D something or other that has lots of info on them. A 16-17 year old did a write up on them as I remember.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, by mmulvenna »
Thanks
Mike

Offline dmoore

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, »
"The" main company that has come up with a bunch of this technology is WET Enterprises.  If you want nearly step-by-step instuctions on how to build things like the items used in the Bellagio resort they are right here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ponddude

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, »
The owner of Lights of Modesto is an LOR user.  All the fountains were controlled via LOR equipment.  There is a post on the LOR forums about the display.  He said he would put up some other pictures and videos, he just hasn't gotten around to it.  His forum name is webbie...don't know if he is a member here or not.

Greg

Offline jem5136

• Lights of the Night
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, »
The owner of Lights of Modesto is an LOR user.  All the fountains were controlled via LOR equipment.  There is a post on the LOR forums about the display.  He said he would put up some other pictures and videos, he just hasn't gotten around to it.  His forum name is webbie...don't know if he is a member here or not.

I knew he was an LOR user and I knew he was on the LOR forum, but I wasn't sure what his forum name was, so thank you for that.

I emailed him earlier today, and I am still waiting on a replay, so once I know something, I'll post what I've found out.
2011 Plans:
   - Second year for dimmable animation
   - 184 Channels of Blinky Flashy :D
   - 8 RGB Flood Lights
It's gonna be fun!! :D

Offline ponddude

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, »
You can see, we have all been asking him for some detailed info (myself included) but he hasn't responded with much   :-\

Let us know what you find out!! <res.
Greg

Offline caretaker

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, »
Daryl who own D-Light has a video on his website showing how his 4th of July show and how he did it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Basically he used stock lawn irrigation valves which are 12 volt and then connected his hose to them with some 12 volt landscape lights and controlled them with one of his low voltage controllers. (You could do the same with SS4's)
Jeff Squires

Offline ILOVETOTRYDIY

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2011, »
It's a little late/early but this guy only lives about 2 miles from me, if he won't divulge his secrets I will take pics when he is set up for July 4th.  Mission Possible. dun dun dunna dun dun dododoo
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.  Walter Elias Disney

Offline rm357

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2011, »
SSR4s are 120V AC. Using a MR16 would be better - you would need to add some diodes to the selenoids to protect the MR16 from the wild voltage swings that can occur when you turn on/off an inductive load like the coil in the selenoid.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline travailen

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, »
There is some good information here:

Rick S

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2011, »
I want to see the How To on the LED Fireworks...

Offline lightsup

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2011, »
here a couple of links to water fountains making. it may give you some ideas.

Just do it.

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, »
I've seen that video (OP) previously - I think someone found out he was using plain 'ol lawn sprinkler heads with the diffuser (or whatever you call it) pulled off. I know the older brass heads will shoot up just like that so it makes sense. I believe he used standard electric sprinkler valves as well. Can't get much cheaper than that!

Offline lightsup

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, »
other things that can be used for heads. pressure washer with a adjustable nozzle, adjustable shower head. the old brass garden hose sprayer or good old plastic pipe cap with proper drilled size for the jet required. for solenoid valves, cloths washing machine or diswasher and you can take the washing jets on some models.
here a link to brass nozzles You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Just do it.