Author Topic: A couple of xlights questions  (Read 1297 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
A couple of xlights questions
« on: February 07, 2011, »
This weekend, I tried out xlights on my LOR gear (just using LOR USB adaptor) and xlights.

Well, it worked great at controlling my LOR hardware ... and I was just using the "Lighting Test" utility, which I found similar to the LOR hardware utility.

Anyways, I was just using a single LOR controller (unit #3) ... and did Find that I had to specify a LOR network of 48 channels, so it would "see" unit 3-1,3-2 ... 3-16 .  No big deal.

Now I do currently have my own LOR units using 1->12 and my neighbor using 21-24 (LOR unit assignments).

So my questions are:

(1) I'm guess in order to see all the LOR controllers, I would need to set my LOR channels as (24*16), or 384.  I'm not sure if it would be a problem that I don't actually have any controllers numbered 13->20.  (1a) Would I be better off re-assigning unit numbers for the LOR gear, to just use 1->16, so no gaps exist?

(2) I also noticed on the LIghting Test, that even though the dimming worked fine and the twinkle and shimmer worked fine ... the Shimmer+Ramp 100->0 and Twinkle+Ramp tests did not fade, so was wondering if thats a limit of xlights, a bug of the Lighting Test, or just something else?

(3) I'm guessing that after I specify the 16 LOR units in the network, that I'd specify the DMX channels (Lynx Express), then specify the pixelnet stuff (once thats supported).

No rush on answering, but just wanted to get it out there, for review.

THx,
Scott
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline csf

Re: A couple of xlights questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, »
1) Yes you would need to find the max channel 384 sounds right. 
1a) I do not believe it matters.

2) Not sure how this test is supposed to work exactly since it was done by Matt.

3) That sounds correct.