Author Topic: 1K missing...I know but what is the 1.2K 1/2 watt for?  (Read 1790 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I am just now building my first of 2 version two 16 ch DC controllers from the 2010 coop.  I know I am missing the 1K and it was missed in the kit.  It is for the power LED.  But both kits have a 1/2 watt 1.2K 5% (brown red red gold)?  I do not see it in the manual or a place for it on the board.  But one is in both kits.  What am I missing?  All the others are 1/4 watt

Also were the PIC chips pre-programmed in the coop?

Thank You

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline ponddude

Re: 1K missing...I know but what is the 1.2K 1/2 watt for?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, »
I am going to be 100% honest with you...I don't really know.  I just checked the Mouser link that RJ sent me and there is a 1.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, but there is no 1/2 watt resistor.  Are you sure it isn't 1/4 watt?  I have all mine packed way and can't get to them right now. :-\

Also, yes, I did program all the PICs before I shipped them.
Greg

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, »
I am going to be 100% honest with you...I don't really know.  I just checked the Mouser link that RJ sent me and there is a 1.2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor, but there is no 1/2 watt resistor.  Are you sure it isn't 1/4 watt?  I have all mine packed way and can't get to them right now. :-\

Also, yes, I did program all the PICs before I shipped them.

Whoops.  The small ones are 1/8 watt on the pcb so I was wrong.  It is a 1.2K (brown, red, red, gold) 1/4 watt resistor.  I checked again in the other kit and it also has one.  Here is a picture.  I put it on the ohm meter and it is 1.184K on my elcheapo Craftsman meter on the 2K setting.

So what was the 1.2 ohm for?

Ron
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, »
I am not sure. Did I mean to put 1k on the bom and put 1.2k instead? I will have to research it when I get a minute.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying