Author Topic: Thoughts on buying from Ray  (Read 10165 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: Thoughts on buying from Ray
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What dumb ss did you get?

I am planning on mix of smart and dumb for my display. 

BTW all the nodes look well sealed etc.  That said never had the earlier IP67 stuff to compare. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2012, »
Which controller did you get?? I have 2 different ones coming from Ray.

Mike

Offline zwiller

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2012, »
Which controller did you get?? I have 2 different ones coming from Ray.

Mike

I had to laugh when I first saw it...  Thought it would be larger.  It's smaller than the dongle. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline zwiller

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, »
What dumb ss did you get?

I am planning on mix of smart and dumb for my display. 

BTW all the nodes look well sealed etc.  That said never had the earlier IP67 stuff to compare.

HEADS UP!  Watch the wiring on these.  The wire colors do not correlate to hook up.  Look at the labeling of the node!  Mine were: green wire is +, white wire is blue, blue wire is green. red wire is red   :o

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Thoughts on buying from Ray
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, »
There r no wiring standards on most of this.   Even the ss items got done in two flavors, but r documented on the wiki.  Dmoore has done videos on all the rgb stuff and how you can't trust the wire colors ... Even between batches of same product sometimes ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline zwiller

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2012, »
There r no wiring standards on most of this.   Even the ss items got done in two flavors, but r documented on the wiki.  Dmoore has done videos on all the rgb stuff and how you can't trust the wire colors ... Even between batches of same product sometimes ...

Truer words were never spoken...

Taybrynn, you using the 4 led square modules right and they work with SS gear, right?  Mine aren't working correctly but I suspect it is the 330 ohm resistor.  Running to rat shack at lunch... 

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2012, »
I need to verify that for you.  I did think they were working but it's been awhile since I touched them.  I bought more , and I cant imagine doing that if I had problems.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2012, »
I had problems with the resistors but only one type of ss item ... I think with the nodes or flex strips ??

Offline zwiller

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2012, »
I need to verify that for you.  I did think they were working but it's been awhile since I touched them.  I bought more , and I cant imagine doing that if I had problems.

Saw your other post in troubleshooting.  If you could test them to be sure that would be great.  THanks

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2012, »
I will ... I had two SSC wired just for them ... and just know I didn't use them in the show because I was putting them into RGB coroflakes ... and just ran out of time to build them.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it worked, just because I initial bought some, tested, then bought a bunch more.  I have 100 modules now of this type.  So I sure hope they work.

I have found that the TM1804 tester isn't really a great tester for SSC operation, but is a good device (as you said) and does a lot of cool patterns that works well to burn in these items.