Author Topic: Smart String COOP info  (Read 20898 times)

Offline ptone

Re: Smart String COOP info
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
RJ,

What is the pixel chip, is it the 1804 as some have guessed (Constant Voltage)

-P

I really don't know why people are concern what chip set. I don't know and I don't care

Rick R.

Why do people care if they have an Intel chip or AMD, why care if you have a straight 6 vs V6, etc etc.

If you choose not to care, good for you, however I don't understand the attitude here that seeking knowledge is problematic?

That is a troubling theme on this forum.

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2011, »
RJ,

What is the pixel chip, is it the 1804 as some have guessed (Constant Voltage)

-P

I really don't know why people are concern what chip set. I don't know and I don't care

Rick R.

Why do people care if they have an Intel chip or AMD, why care if you have a straight 6 vs V6, etc etc.

If you choose not to care, good for you, however I don't understand the attitude here that seeking knowledge is problematic?

That is a troubling theme on this forum.

-P

Or is it the fact you are on Phil's site and its driving them nuts?

Yeah I'll take the flame for that line

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2011, »
Ptone, I think its pretty easy to understand.  I am speaking for myself but I do beleive it applies to many guys here.  We are consumers with a bit of techie and the main concern is that this thing works.  I don't care what chip it has as long as it works.  But this thing is 12vdc if that tells you anything.  Also keep in mind, MPH does everything he can to degrade these products, so take information with a grain of salt.  90% of his "concerns" are of no concern at all, to most of us anyway.  So the string uses up .001278 more current than somebody else and the last node has a reduction of .0003456 illumination........bla bla bla bla  Just because something is different doesn't mean is wrong or bad, ie...Chevy vs Ford.  Just be paitient Ptone, its gonna all be good.  Its not like there are a lot of choices out there at this time anyway.
Will

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, »

Or is it the fact you are on Phil's site and its driving them nuts?

Yeah I'll take the flame for that line

Rick R.

Most of us have only been around the decorating arena a few years.  RJ and Phil have been around for many more years and there is history we all don't understand.  I can understand how other developers could be envious of what RJ has accomplished because its very impressive.

What RJ is doing now with Smart Strings very well may be the new standard in RGB control.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2011, »
Hi Folks,

My post was not intended to take a shot at Phil. I have known Phil for a very long time and were good friends. I truly hope he still thinks of me as a friend. When RJ is ready he will post what chip set he is using.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline ptone

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, »
People are making an awful lot of assumptions about my motivations - can't a guy just be curious?

???

-P
--
budding channel wrangler

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, »
as far as specs for the hardware so far...   if you look at the forum rules on the wiki...

6.There are no expectations on anyone who would like to share their work with the community. You are not required to provide any information you do not wish to. Anyone who does so retains all rights to it. This is not an open source community.

with that being said. one can assume there would be a lot of stuff about the hardware that's not being shared, and is his right.
he's waiting to post the link for a reason. once that happens then you can see what the item actually is.

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, »
People are making an awful lot of assumptions about my motivations - can't a guy just be curious?

???

-P

Yes you can.  Yes you can. LOL Hey hows that motion detection thing you were working on?  I think that was you.
Will

Offline skulldan

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, »
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I figure here will be good too so that it is with the pricing info.
If I have figured correctly...
128 max smart string pixels per controller
1 4 meter flexible strip per controller
4 1 meter rigid strips per controller
42 square modules per controller
42 rectangle modules per controller

Trying to plan out what I can handle with the controllers / hub that I have ordered and plan to what I will need to order in the future  ;D.

Thanks again RJ
Dan

building my collection of blinkys

Offline Trepidati0n

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2011, »
There is a slight benefit to this going "order direct".  It means we can order a few pixels, 5050's, etc and try them out (order them air shipped) before we go with the big order.   I keep flip flopping on pixels vs 5050' for the house outline.
No electrons were harmed during the creation of this thread. All threads are made with 100% recycled electrons. No electrons were discriminated against based upon race, age, religion, or direction of spin. The views in this post may or may not reflect the views of DLA or the views outside my window.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, »
I was wondering if there is a time limit for placing orders at the forthcoming link(s) ...
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline TheBanker

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2011, »
My guess would be only from a supply issue...how many does the supplier actually have.
Will

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2011, »
Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere but I figure here will be good too so that it is with the pricing info.
If I have figured correctly...
128 max smart string pixels per controller
1 4 meter flexible strip per controller
4 1 meter rigid strips per controller
42 square modules per controller
42 rectangle modules per controller

Trying to plan out what I can handle with the controllers / hub that I have ordered and plan to what I will need to order in the future  ;D.

Thanks again RJ

You are under guessing on the modules, check out the table in the wiki for this :

The plastic modules I came up with 120 of them on a SSC based on the current I read on them.

The Metal units use more current so they are limited 80 per SSC.

Hope this helps you.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2011, »
There is a slight benefit to this going "order direct".  It means we can order a few pixels, 5050's, etc and try them out (order them air shipped) before we go with the big order.   I keep flip flopping on pixels vs 5050' for the house outline.

You are correct there is good on this also. You can set the timeline on your order to meet your budget.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, »
I was wondering if there is a time limit for placing orders at the forthcoming link(s) ...

Not that I am aware,
 these should be permanant links to use later also for orders. I am having them set up the page for us right now so I can get Bill the info. That way when he is ready he can get his coop payment pms out.

RJ