Author Topic: Smart String COOP info  (Read 20863 times)

Offline foxathome

• 57 channels and nothings on
Re: Smart String COOP info
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2011, »
I've just received 16 - 75 node smart strings and am a little concerned. The nodes are encased in the clear plastic molding, but as I have been inspecting my order I see that many of the nodes have portions of the circuit boards exposed. Has anyone else seen this, or looked in detail at the nodes? I'm worried that the weather will ruin these and I spent to much to have them die in my rainy northwestern US weather.
57 (1057 now) Channels and Nothings On!
So I'll blink lights instead

Offline tng5737

« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2011, »
can you post a pic?   I have not seen that with any of my nodes.   I would definitely contact RAY and discuss this.    Is it a significant portion of the string or only one or two?    If only a few - I'm sure Ray will make good by replacing them.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've just received 16 - 75 node smart strings and am a little concerned. The nodes are encased in the clear plastic molding, but as I have been inspecting my order I see that many of the nodes have portions of the circuit boards exposed. Has anyone else seen this, or looked in detail at the nodes? I'm worried that the weather will ruin these and I spent to much to have them die in my rainy northwestern US weather.

About 10% of my nodes are like this.  I am going to use silicon to seal most of them.  I talked to Ray, he said he would replace any that I wasn't happy with.
Excess is Success
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline foxathome

• 57 channels and nothings on
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2011, »
The word from Ray is that he's sent many back to the factory and is asking for better quality. We are working on a solution for my strings and it sounds like they should be getting better. He's aware of the problems.
I also advise buying the controller he sells (Something like a TM2010) to allow testing when you receive the lights and before you can build all of the other components.
Wishing I had waited to order lights until summer.

57 (1057 now) Channels and Nothings On!
So I'll blink lights instead

Offline tng5737

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2011, »
TH2010-X

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, »
All these issues that are cropping up just makes me glad I waited to order strings and I plan to wait until the controllers ship or later.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, »
yeah, I am waiting to make sure I can actually solder this stuff to make it work before I commit even more money to this. I finally ordered all the stuff I need to make a dongle, just waiting on the delivery. Hopefully by the time I am ready all the issues will be worked out and they will be perfect. And I can start actually designing what I will be doing, and what I will need.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2012, »
RJ, do you know when the next smart string coop will be for 2012 or if there will be one this year?  I am now dipping my hands onto RGB and learning so much from your site, and I think getting the nodes made your way, 12v, etc with the ssc's and hubs is the way I want to go. 
Thanks
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
Smart String COOP info
« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2012, »
All good info here.  Thanks for the direction and advice.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2012, »
We have a coop manager lined up but we are waiting on the first few of the updated pcbs to test first.

The Coop?  maybe a month away?

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2012, »
Thanks so much RJ!  I will be on the lookout for it for sure!  I already got in on the etherdongle coop.
Can't wait to get to playing with all the new toys!  Thanks for all you do!
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller