Author Topic: Is the lynx dongle more comparable to the enttec open dmx or the enttec usb pro  (Read 5963 times)

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Yea i remembered reading something about it, just wasn't sure where. Thanks mokeefe

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Comparable to the Pro but the Lynx dongle is one way only...  from the pc through the dongle to the controllers.    No reverse communication.   

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
But in just a display, why would you need 2 way communication?

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
With the displays we are doing and the controllers we have you do not need 2-way communication.  That is why the Lynx Dongle does not support it.  If you go back to your original question you were asking which one the Lynx Dongle compared too.  So the Lynx Dongle compares closer to the Enttec Pro with one difference being it is does not support DMX RDM.

Todd

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
But in just a display, why would you need 2 way communication?

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
yea. You can acturally get usb pros on ebay much cheaper then what enttec has them listed for on ebay.

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
Yep a little cheaper any way.  I just recently sold one on ebay and got $96 for it.  One thing to remember you will also need a 5pin male xlr plug so you can make a cable to convert it to RJ-45.  I probably still have one of those plugs laying around here somewhere.

Todd

yea. You can acturally get usb pros on ebay much cheaper then what enttec has them listed for on ebay.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I would of bought it from you if you would of said something. I might hit you up for the 5 pin to 3 pin adapter though.

Offline OkieJay

Holland,
I have three dongle PCBs ordered in the coop.  I can spare one if you need it, just let me know.  I also have at least one PCB of the prior version of the dongle.  I think the only real difference between the older and newer versions is power and activity LEDS.  I believe you can add a power LED to the older version, if I remember correctly. 

Let me know if you need either one of them.
jay

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I think there is a misunderstanding. I did not say I only have enough for the coop. I said I will not have any until after the coop ships. I have plenty of extras ordered.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
Im hoping to have this dongle put together before the okc mini at Gregs house in May.

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
I think there is a misunderstanding. I did not say I only have enough for the coop. I said I will not have any until after the coop ships. I have plenty of extras ordered.

RJ
o yea i guess i did. I thought you ment you wouldnt let any go till you have all the coop kits finished.