Author Topic: Smart String Availability Question  (Read 2136 times)

Offline lboucher

• Boucher Family Lights
Smart String Availability Question
« on: March 02, 2011, »
HI All

Was wondering if anyone knows what the expected availability of smart string leds are.
(I am sure i won't have any issues, just cannot find a post talking about this.)

I am asking because my life is a bit hecktic right now with selling/buying a house and I may not be able to purchase the lights i want for maybe 6 months.

Anybody know if I will have any issues.

Thanks
Boucher Family Lights
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Smart String Availability Question
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, »
The LEDs are being purchased from a online site in China. You can buy them now or later, your choice

If you ordered SS Controllers and Hubs in the COOP then you should have a PM or email from Bill with the links to all of the light options.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline cubbieco

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, »
I apologize for the dumb question but I've been under a rock for a while.  I'm part of the led controller co-op.  Did we give up on the actual LED light coop that was mentioned?  It is fine if we did because these guys are doing so much I don't mind ordering my lights directly.  Just haven't been reading for a while and am catching back up now and I'm getting this impression.

Thanks

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, »
I apologize for the dumb question but I've been under a rock for a while.  I'm part of the led controller co-op.  Did we give up on the actual LED light coop that was mentioned?  It is fine if we did because these guys are doing so much I don't mind ordering my lights directly.  Just haven't been reading for a while and am catching back up now and I'm getting this impression.

Thanks

Short answer Yes, the Light Coop as canceled. Please read this post from RJ to see why You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline tng5737

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, »
Is there any reason why the links furnished in the PMs can't be published - either in a post OR perhaps the Wiki?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, »
Is there any reason why the links furnished in the PMs can't be published - either in a post OR perhaps the Wiki?

All in good time

We are working on adding permanent links for everyone to use

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, »

As Rick said above, they are coming.  They were presented to the members of the smart string controller coop first to give them a chance to get there orders in ahead of the non-coop and new members if they choose and that is both fair and makes sense. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, »
Will purchasing these 3-wire RGB items (for those outside of the SS COOP) make sense for anyone not using a SS Controller ?

Meaning, most non-SS controllers I've seen use 4 wires instead of 3.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, »
What makes sense and what people tend to do seldom go together.   >:D  I guess that the main issue might be people outside of the last coop buying large numbers of them in anticipation of another coop coming and depleting the stock on people that have already purchased the controllers and have an actual need and use for them. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline dmoore

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, »
So far, only the SSC can control the lights, unless someone has figured out a way. There's no "use this also" hardware available yet.

THe E680 and the TP3244 both control the TM180x SS pixels - I think that maybe what he is refering to.  The "four wire" controllers can also control "3 wire" pixel chips like the TM180x.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, »
Didn't know that.   Thanks dmoore.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]