Author Topic: Vixen Program Help  (Read 1337 times)

Offline mmais68569

Vixen Program Help
« on: March 02, 2011, »
I just purchased a Rainbow Brain You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 2 Rainbow Spot Lights You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login & 1 Rainbow Flood Light You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login. I am going to use these as Landscape lights programing them with Vixen. They are going to go through a cycle of color changes over about 10-15 Min. At that time they will repeat the program.
What I need to know is how to program them with vixen, Do I assign channel 1 to a spot & then Channel 2 to another spot or do I assign second spot to Channel 4. Because to get the RGB they need 3 channels. Then Flood 1 would be Channel 7. This is the first time using Vixen so this probably will not be my last questions.

Thanks Mike

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: Vixen Program Help
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, »
If all lights are to be controlled separately then you will need 3 channels "RGB" for each light.  If they are all to light the same then only 3 channels total.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Vixen Program Help
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, »
From the User Guide for the rainbow brain.
Rainbow Light Connections
The 5 jacks located between the power jacks are there to power your Rainbow lighting devices. A connection can be made between the lights and the board with a standard Cat-5 cable. It is important to understand that each jack has a limit to the amount of lights that it can power. *At no time should more than 3 Rainbow Wall Runners or 2 Rainbow Flood Lights be connected together on one jack!*

DMX Addressing
The Rainbow Brain uses a standard DIP switch for setting its DMX address. The technique for setting the address is not difficult to understand, but if you have never set a device like this, you will need to read the following section carefully.

it is a 15 channel DMX controller

each port would have 3 channels R, G, and B  then the next port would have 3...    5 ports times 3 rgb = 15

if you set the device as channel1, then 1 through 15 would be the channel numbers that it would use.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, by chrisatpsu »
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!