Author Topic: House lights  (Read 1242 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
House lights
« on: March 04, 2011, »
Has anyone used or thinking of using the rectangle LED 50/50 to trim your house along the roof lines?  I am thinking of replacing my 350+ C9s with LED bars.  While they may not be as bright, they will support every color!  My one concerns is the colored wires.  While you won't be able to see them during the night, it might look odd during the day. 

Offline tpboyce

Re: House lights
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
My one concerns is the colored wires.  While you won't be able to see them during the night, it might look odd during the day. 

Personally, I prefer the flexible strip for this purpose.  If you do go with the rectangular nodes, white electrical tape folded neatly over the wires hides it well. 

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, »
or maybe, electrical tape in a color that matches the color of your house    :o
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, »
Just curious

your c9 lights, what color is the wire?

If the wire really bothers you then protect the lights and hit the wires with a can of spray paint. I would only do the side that shows so if you even need to do a repair you know which wire is which (red, green, blue)

just my thoughts

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, »
I am not overly concened about what the strings look like during the day.  I keep them neat and the ones that I can hide out of site but the rest to me are just free advertising.  They let the people who see them know that the house has Christmas lighs and that they probably should check them out and in many cases, they do just that.  Unless you intend to keep them up all year, people expect the wires to be there during the season.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving