Hardware > Bobcat DMX Servo Controller

Beta-DMX Servo Controller Project (See first post for specs and features)

(1/36) > >>

dlhoppe:
Here is the BOM link and firmware:

BOM: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

DMX Controller Current Feature List:

Fully Programmable (channel assignments, end-point adjustments, reversing, etc)
8 Servo Channels
8 LED Channels
Scaled End-Point Adjustments (256 discreet steps)
Servo Reversing
Resettable Fuse Protection For Each Servo
DMX Daisy Chaining (output = pass-through or re-broadcast)
Ex/Rx Wireless Ready
Single or Split Power Supply Input Option (logic circuitry / servo power)(single Pwr: 6v, Dual Pwr: 6v for logic, 4.8v - 6v for servos)
Adjustable LED Output Current (3mA - 120mA, requires resistor change)
Multiple Servos Can Be "Ganged" on Same DMX Channel
Low Power Lockout (fail-safe shutdown with indication on inadequate power supply)
RGB node control (requires 3 DMX/LED output channels per node - need common-anode RGB)
DMX Data Reception Indicator (LED blinks when DMX data is present)

packetbob:
I'd be very interested  if it had the ability to preset the limts of each servo...
The allows you to protect you animatronic assembly from accidently programming a position that could break something....
I think this is very important...
Lighting is already covered with the Lynnx MR16 so I'd just design it for servos...

The only board I'm aware of that does this is the Board Of Chuckie "BOC" and it's presets can only be setup by using the Entec Open DMX dongle rather than the Entec Pro (which is what the Lynx dongle emulates)...

Not sure the best way to adjust the presets... Best if they are stored in the controller itself (in flash or EEPROM).. You'd need a min/max value for each servo.. Perhaps some sotrt of basic bushbutton/7 segemnt display to allow for adjusting and saving.

Bob

PJNMCT:
Interested!

-Paul

lightsup:
I am interested also.

n1ist:
I'm willing to help out, if you want.
/mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page