Author Topic: Beta-DMX Servo Controller Project (See first post for specs and features)  (Read 68343 times)

Offline dlhoppe

Re: DMX Servo Controller Project
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
any updates on this project.

Yes, we updated the PCB design and just recently got some prototype boards. We just need to finish testing to be certain the board design and the software play well together. Servo and LED control are working great. The programming feature is also looking pretty good, but we want to make sure everything is solid before release.

Sorry for the lack of activity on these projects, but my job has been very demanding lately. Also trying to enjoy some summer activities when I can. Hang in there, we're very close.

Dave

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2011, »
Thanks for all the work on this,I know how life can get in the way of our projects.

Offline lightsup

« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, »
Thanks Dave for the update. Yes life is demanding these day I also had a family crises I just came back from a round trip to pick up my Daughter and grand daughter of 1200 miles in 21 hours. so thanks for the update and do enjoy life as it can be short sometimes.
Alan
Just do it.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, »
Yes,  Thanks Dave for the work on this.  We all very much appreciate the tag-up.

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2011, »
Ordering parts for a final test build. We'll give an update when we're ready to pass this on to the coop managers.

Dave

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2011, »
YES   this is great news for my animated snowman!!! <pop..
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline typoagain

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2011, »
A group of us had the pleasure of RJ and JJ's company at dinner the other night and he mentioned this project. While I am far to busy to get into a project using this system for this year, I am interested in it for projects that are on the drawing board for the next year or two.

Any updates?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, by typoagain »
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline n1ist

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, »
Dave has gotten sidelined by work (why does that always interfere with blinky?)  I have an order from Mouser coming in this week to verify the BOM (for both this and the tester); hopefully we can push them through shortly.
/mike

Offline typoagain

« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2011, »
Dave has gotten sidelined by work (why does that always interfere with blinky?)  I have an order from Mouser coming in this week to verify the BOM (for both this and the tester); hopefully we can push them through shortly.
/mike

thanks for the update

Offline jess_her

« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2011, »
hello Dave/Mike
My project needs a brain  ;D and everything else to.
Jess
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, by jess_her »
Only limitations in life is your imagination

Offline typoagain

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, »
hello Dave/Mike
My project needs a brain  ;D and everything else to.
Jess

Nice work! Very clean and solid.

What kind of body do you have in mind? I am knocking around designs for a dancing snowman.

I am thinking a 3 axis head, a mouth and 2 axis eyes. Add a hip swivel and maybe moving arms asll on a swivel base. Best of all, I can build it in small sections that would make a good display without having to get it all done in one year.

I just can't figure out how the best way to cover the head and body.

Offline jess_her

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, »
head, mouth and wild hair will be done with EL wire. the body will have some clothes on. Have moving arms playing a guitar.  The problem I have is weight. They would need to be driven with monster servos which would break my budget with the outher things I want to do. So I going to build a jack screw using ready made acme thread and nut. DC motor and yes I'll use a spiking diodes. Hitec servo board with a 5K feedback pot. Gears from servo city.

What I would do for your project would be to use wire forms and cover them with parachute material and back light it maybe

Offline typoagain

« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2011, »
What I would do for your project would be to use wire forms and cover them with parachute material and back light it maybe

That's what I was thinking. I was also considering 1/4 tubing-light, stuff and easy to braze.
But Like you I would have two large servos that could be a cost problem. I have considered air cylinders, but I really do not want to start air into the display.

Sounds like you have something impressive going on here.

Hey, we nned a thread on this and WE NEED PICS!

Offline jess_her

« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2011, »
Well what I would do would would be to use 1/4 or maybe 3/16 cold rolled round stock. Cold roll 1018 has no mill scale like A36 hot rolled.     You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login    I then would get a 110V mig welder with intersheld wire  025 or 030. You could get gas shielding but would be to much of a hassle for what your doing.I'd find one at a pawn shop or private party selling one for around $100 to $400. Stick with a name brand Lincon or Miller.  I'd stay away fron the gas welder unless you have one. Will talk more if you interested.
I thought about air but to much money to make it happen at least with my budget. Cylinder position feedback would be the biggest issue.
Yes I start a thread in whats happening with the project but not to much to look at right now.
take care

Jess

Offline blaha

• Patron Member
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, »
Late to the game on this thread as I am fairly new, but really looking forward to see where this goes.   <pop..