Author Topic: Beta-DMX Servo Controller Project (See first post for specs and features)  (Read 68342 times)

Offline dlhoppe

Re: DMX Servo Controller Project
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, »
Ok, starting to come up for air from crazy work schedule. Thanks to Mike for picking things back up. I promise to give a concerted effort to help get this thing released.

Apologies for my "hibernation".

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, »
I'd like to get a few more test builds done. Is there anyone who would like to do a build for yourself? I have a few PCBs to contribute. We have the BOM on Mouser's web site (will provide link).

Let me know,
Dave

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, »
I can't help with design, but i'm certainly interested in building and using a couple.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline John K

« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, »
I would be happy to help build one and test. Back surgery has but a damper on this wears display so I have alot of free time on my hands.

John

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, »
I was not aware of this thread and was looking at trying this myself from the design side, it sounds like you have most of it worked out, let me know if you have a board left and I am in.  I want to do a couple of animated items, first is a skull

Offline blaha

• Patron Member
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, »
I would put myself lower on the list if there are others that can contribute, but I wouldn't mind building one if available to work with.

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, »
Ok,  I only have 3 boards, so the first 3 get them.

Steve, John and rrawlings, please PM your mailing addresses.

I believe there are more prototype boards available. Hopefully Mike and/or Charles will chime in and indicate how many they have available for these tests.

Offline steve_hirst

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok,  I only have 3 boards, so the first 3 get them.

Steve, John and rrawlings, please PM your mailing addresses.

I believe there are more prototype boards available. Hopefully Mike and/or Charles will chime in and indicate how many they have available for these tests.

If any more come up I would be more than happy to build and test some also.

Offline n1ist

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, »
I just went through my stash and have 14 boards.  PM me if you are interested in them.
/mike

Offline egenoup

« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, »
I will look in my box tomorrow and post the number of boards....

Offline kjam22

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2011, »
I'll take one to try

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2011, »
Fellas, I just want to let you all know that the level of complexity is a little higher on this device than with some of other builds. This servo controller has some options such as single power supply vs. split power supply etc.  The board is rather densely populated to keep it small. Not to mention the need to choose an appropriate sized power supply and how to use the programmer software for assigning channels and servo travel limits.

Mike will document the technical build with the options.

I will put together some documentation for how to use the programmer.

This device is very feature-rich, so the demands on technical ability rises in proportion to that. Just want to set your expectations. I may be overstating, but better than surprising you with any difficulty.

For those who haven't done so yet, please go back and read this thread. A lot of the details are sprinkled throughout. It would be a good start to getting familiar while you're preparing to do the build.

Dave

Offline rrawlings

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, »
This sounds like it is doable for me.  I am an engineer and work daily with this type of thing, software is my weak point.  I have been using this hobby as a reason to learn programming and am slowly picking up microcontroller programming using assembly code.

Offline dlhoppe

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This sounds like it is doable for me.  I am an engineer and work daily with this type of thing, software is my weak point.  I have been using this hobby as a reason to learn programming and am slowly picking up microcontroller programming using assembly code.

Ah, a fellow "assembler". On the two projects I've done here, I've written the PIC code in assembler. I'd be happy to share what I've done. We just can't do it in this forum. Feel free to PM me regarding PIC coding and we can discuss privately if you like.

Dave

Offline ILOVETOTRYDIY

« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2011, »
I have a couple of boards coming, where can I find the Mouser BOM?
When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.  Walter Elias Disney