Author Topic: 2011 Oklahoma City Area Mini PLUS  (Read 759 times)

Offline gmbartlett

2011 Oklahoma City Area Mini PLUS
« on: March 16, 2011, »
I would like to announce our 6th annual central Oklahoma Mini Plus.

As with the last few years I will be co-hosting this with Tom (aka Santas Helper) at my house in Norman.

Date:  16 April 2011
Location:  1103 Little River Rd, Norman (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)
Time:  1:00 pm until ?
Admission:  Free as always

Open to all!!! Newbies and Oldies.

We plan to continue the same free style, free form get together that has worked very well for us in the past.  However, last year we tried something a little different.  I gave a semi-formal presentation on mega-trees.  We would like to try and continue this new tradition this year.  I will be giving a presentation on my custom DIY Helix Light Controller.  It would be great if we could get a couple of people to provide similar presentations also.  (Personally I would like to see a presentation on how to build a tuned dipole FM antenna that would be donated to the host ;D

There are several other topics that are possibilities for presentations such as:
1)  Leaping Arches
2)   Mini Trees
3)  Sequencing
4)  Anything you would like to present

If you would be willing to give a presentation please let me know.  There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any presentations or videos.

The day of the Mini I will post a schedule of presentations so you can sit in on any of them you would like and hang out the rest of the time.

We will be providing a meat tray and other finger food so we can eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

The only thing we ask, is for you to bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor. 

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Reminder:  Your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or PM me at GMBartlett.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: 2011 Oklahoma City Area Mini PLUS
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, »
Thank you!  I will be bringing some extra finger food.  Apple and cherry turnovers, cookies, bread rolls and cinnamon rolls.  I can't wait.  When I tell others about the mini I tell them it was like an all day "Show-N-Tell".  I just bought the copper pipe and fittings to make a "J" Pole antenna.  It is going to be tuned to 92.9mhz.  Is that what you are talking about?  The calculator can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Someone had one at the mini last year.  I can cut mine but not solder it and bring it if this is what you are talking about.  I don't know about leaving it for the host though. 

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline gmbartlett

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thank you!  I will be bringing some extra finger food.  Apple and cherry turnovers, cookies, bread rolls and cinnamon rolls.  I can't wait.  When I tell others about the mini I tell them it was like an all day "Show-N-Tell".  I just bought the copper pipe and fittings to make a "J" Pole antenna.  It is going to be tuned to 92.9mhz.  Is that what you are talking about?  The calculator can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  Someone had one at the mini last year.  I can cut mine but not solder it and bring it if this is what you are talking about.  I don't know about leaving it for the host though. 

Ron

I hadn't considered a J-pole antenna.  Be sure to bring your cut parts, I've got the flux, solder and torch to put it together.  I will probably even let you leave with it >.d9
See you in a month.

Greg

Offline OkieJay

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, »
I too will be attending.  
I plan on bringing a few odds and ends such as a commercial DMX dimmer, dongle, a 3 pin XLR to Lynx adapter and my super easy 10 foot semi-mega tree method.  I will also be bringing pulled pork and chopped beef straight from the smoker.  Should be a good time for all.

Update: It has been pointed out to me that I failed to mention that my wonderful and supportive wife will be attending with me.  She will be available to give a class in how to keep me from spending every spare dime I have on more blinky.  

Jay    
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, by OkieJay »

Offline gmbartlett

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, »
Only three more weeks until the OKC Area Mini.

I should be finished cleaning out the garage this weekend so we will have plenty of room to show off.

See you soon.
Greg