Author Topic: Wireless Coop Planned  (Read 5974 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: Wireless Coop Planned
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, »
There are a few ways to go.  If the ren units are close to an express, you could use an LE/RX unit in the express and then cable from the Express to the Renard units.  If not, then I would use Kit 1 because then all you need to do is make an adapter cable to connect between the Lynx unit and the Renard.  Attempting to use Kit 4 on the Renard would require you to make mods to the Renard units which is obviously much more difficult and for many not worth the cost savings.  Of course, remember that the Renard units need to be configured to run on DMX to use them with RJ's equipment.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline barbotte

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There are a few ways to go.  If the ren units are close to an express, you could use an LE/RX unit in the express and then cable from the Express to the Renard units.  If not, then I would use Kit 1 because then all you need to do is make an adapter cable to connect between the Lynx unit and the Renard.  Attempting to use Kit 4 on the Renard would require you to make mods to the Renard units which is obviously much more difficult and for many not worth the cost savings.  Of course, remember that the Renard units need to be configured to run on DMX to use them with RJ's equipment.
so i guess the trick is to put a lynx between or close to my ren ...that i can do i guess ... how hard will it be to control them or tell them to do it that way in vixen ?
thanks

Offline tbone321

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, »
Putting an Express close to the Ren units will save you a few bucks but you don't need to do it that way if it screws up your plans or layout.  A stand alone RX/TX can be connected without any need or an Express in the area.  Remember that either an Express or a stand alone receiver will still require that adapter cable to connect Lynx to Renard.  As for controllin them, I don't understand what you mean by that.  If the Renard units ae configurd to work with DMX, they should act like any other DMX unit such as the Express and all you need to do is set the starting address of the unit.  DMX doesn't care where the units are on the cables, only that they get the signal.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving