Author Topic: SS Order arrives  (Read 16077 times)

Offline JerryPlak

Re: SS Order arrives
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2011, »
Up Date
after a signed note with the tracking number on it on the front door,  receive my order on Monday :-)

tng5737 thanks for the this must have tool  ;D
last Saturday I order and got this neat little controller from Ray on Wednesday.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

out of 12 strings 128 nodes, One node has the red not working on another strings One node has the red & green not working and haft of the string not working right, on the third string haft of the string not working right .. hum :-) one the string  has 129 node another has 130 node

also 2 set metal squares and 2 set plastic rectangles check out OK

I will say that the TH2010-controller is must have tool  8)
Jerry Plak

Offline urthegman

« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ordered Mar 5, 2011. Website said shipped 3/13/11 but they did not actually ship until after I sent a message on 4/2/11. Order then shipped on 4/6/11 and a DHL tracking number was supplied but the web tracking information was never updated. Order was received on 4/13/11. Of the 16 strings ordered 15 had all 75 nodes, one had 68.
There are a large number of nodes that have exposed solder joints or components breaking through the surface. I counted approximately 90 nodes that were exposed, others were close to the surface but not counted. Average 6 per string, low of 3 high of 14.

I'm a little worried about the ability of these to withstand the weather.
I have a few days left before need to accept the shipment and commit the money, not sure what I should do.
JMHO but I would return the strings I was unhappy with. You are paying for a product that you expect a certain level of quality on, if you are not getting that, then you have a right to return it. I'm sure Ray will make it right. Keep us posted.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2011, »
On the string which is only half working, chances are good that the first non-working node is bad.  You could cut just after the bad node and re-test the remainder of the string.  I'd  talk to Ray first to see what he will do for you!