Author Topic: SS Order arrives  (Read 16083 times)

Offline batdive

Re: SS Order arrives
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I got my order today. On the surface, everything arrived - until I started counting the nodes. I will post the numbers latter when I finish counting but it is not good. However, I have a question. Is the best way to handle this to send a message to Ray Wu directly or open a dispute on AliExpress?

I would send Ray a message to give him the first chance to correct the problem.

Cheers

Rick R.

Jim I had a small issue and the email through Alibaba kept failing.  Ray provided this email and he has been quick to respond.  My issue was I bought some of the connectors and was suppose to get 20 male / 20 female.. ended up with 40 female hahah =).

He said he would take care of it and also hook me up with some more clips for my rigid strips.

Hope that helps.  I did put my order # in my email so he can track it.

-JS

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
  • Jim and his sidekick Tiger
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, »
I have bad news and good news. The bad news is that among other things, I ordered 10 each of the 128 node strings. I got everything but here is what I actually got in the strings: 128 nodes = 1; 127 nodes = 3; 127 nodes with one of the nodes having no outside cover at all (bare parts) = 1; 122 nodes = 1; 119 nodes = 1; 116 nodes = 1; 100 nodes = 1; 93 nodes = 1. I just hope that what I got works. We shall see. The good news is that I just had a live chat with Ray Wu. It took some doing, but he agreed to send the missing nodes today. Again, we will see.  ;)
Jim Wright

Offline dmoore

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, »
So 23 nodes short, guess I'll send Ray a email and see what he says.

This isn't all uncommon.   I'd also highly recommend burning them in prior to the season starting - a good several days.

There are also reports of wiring being switched as it is soldered on (these are made by hand) and even in one case a report of different types of pixel chips on the same string.

Trust but verify.  :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, by dmoore »

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, »
I think that is a great suggestion. All we need to do is hang in there until we can make the controllers and then have all sorts of blinky-flashy fun  ;D
Jim Wright

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2011, »
All my 5050 modules had 20 per pack.

I also had only 127 in my 128 node smart string.

I already released payment, so I'll let that slide.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2011, »
More pictures of the Smart String Modules, Square and Rectangular, with measuring tape for sizing.

Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline tng5737

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, »
Has anyone received their 50 ct strings yet? 

Offline JimWright

• Patron Member
    • Wright's Lights
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, »
Just to let everyone know, I got my corrected SS order from Ray Wu today. I can't wait to try blinky-flashy  <;d
Jim Wright

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, »

Nope,

I was the first one to order the 50ct strings and last Wednesday I got a DHL tracking number. Totally bogus since Ray told me yesterday he would try to send out the lights this Wednesday. I am not holding my breathe. He will also need to reset the payment count down timer

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline egenoup

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, »
I got my package with the additional nodes to complete my order.  I have released the payment to Ray, so he should have one less payment to "cry" about...  now just waiting for the controllers and hub so I can test my nodes and hope they all light.

CharlesS.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, »
More pictures of the Smart String Modules, Square and Rectangular, with measuring tape for sizing.

Thank You!

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline batdive

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, »

Nope,

I was the first one to order the 50ct strings and last Wednesday I got a DHL tracking number. Totally bogus since Ray told me yesterday he would try to send out the lights this Wednesday. I am not holding my breathe. He will also need to reset the payment count down timer

Cheers

Rick R.

Hmm not sure when you ordered them, but I ordered 4 50 strings of the SS nodes and already got all 4 (and all were 100% correct count).  Ordered 3/18.

Hope that helps,

-JS

Offline tng5737

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, »
Ray told me they were going to ship last thursday - not even a bogus tracking number thus far.  Maybe,  he is making sure that these strings are correctly assembled

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, »

Hmm not sure when you ordered them, but I ordered 4 50 strings of the SS nodes and already got all 4 (and all were 100% correct count).  Ordered 3/18.

Hope that helps,

-JS

Well thats annoying, I ordered mine March 1st

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline batdive

« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, »

Hmm not sure when you ordered them, but I ordered 4 50 strings of the SS nodes and already got all 4 (and all were 100% correct count).  Ordered 3/18.

Hope that helps,

-JS

Well thats annoying, I ordered mine March 1st

Cheers

Rick R.

Dang Rick how many did you order?  Cant imagine why yours are not done yet unless you did such a big purchase that he is having issues with covering it until people clear their payments to him, like RJ mentioned in another thread.

I know I haven't released payment because he had to fix a small mess up on my order before I will.

BTW from those that ordered Im looking to do another order of some of the 5050 square or rectangular nodes and just want some feedback from those that have them.  I am looking to putting a single unit (maybe 2 if needed) into each of my singing pumpkins for halloween, so I can make them sing with color.  Anyone have a preference or which would be better for that type of set up.  I forgot to order a couple test ones.

Thank you in advance,

-JS
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, by batdive »