Author Topic: SS Order arrives  (Read 16079 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: SS Order arrives
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, »
Hi batdive

I only ordered 300 nodes. My guess is they cut down 100ct strings for you to finish your order.

According to Ray they forgot to run the 50ct nodes since the major orders were the 100 and 75s

They were suppose to make the 50s last week but I have my doubts.

I am sure they will be made and shipped out but I am getting tried of waiting even though I have no way to use them at this time.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline tng5737

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, »
Still, it would be nice if Ray were more "up-front" about it all instead playing games with the fake tracking numbers.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, »
Unfortunantly, he really doesn't have many other options to keep the order open until he can get the parts. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RickeyS

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, »
I was short 23 nodes (ordered 6 strings of 128), I had already released payment, but Ray came thru and sent me a 25 node string to make up for the shortage.
It seems that he is doing everything he can to keep up and try to make people happy.
RickeyS

Offline batdive

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, »
Hi batdive

I only ordered 300 nodes. My guess is they cut down 100ct strings for you to finish your order.

According to Ray they forgot to run the 50ct nodes since the major orders were the 100 and 75s

They were suppose to make the 50s last week but I have my doubts.

I am sure they will be made and shipped out but I am getting tried of waiting even though I have no way to use them at this time.

Cheers

Rick R.

Wow that is weird cause I only ordered 200 total.  Not sure if they were cut down or not, but as long as they work.  He appears to have come through on my order mishap and hopefully included extra clips for the rigid strips (as 2 per strip are not enough).

-JS

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, »
Hi batdrive,

I think the part you are missing is I didn't order any other SS stuff besides the 6 x 50ct string nodes

If you order other items like rigid strip, flexible strip, square or rectangle or larger string nodes (75,100) then they wanted to send a complete order and not split it.

Still over all I think it will get better over time

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, »
Nothing new on my order as of yet.  Placed on the 8th still just the "Place Holder" tacking number.
I have 8 days left on the clock to open a dispute.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, »
Nothing new on my order as of yet.  Placed on the 8th still just the "Place Holder" tacking number.

I would tell Ray today, to extend the timer or tell him its going to dispute

Rick R.

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, »

I'm in the same boat.  I placed my order on March 5th and it still hasn't shipped.  I have talked to Ray on the chat box twice and both times, "I will ship it tomorrow".  The latest from him is that it will ship tonight.  We'll see.  I'm not worried though, they'll come when they come.  I'm at least hoping his quality control has gone up so when it does come it will all be right.  ;D

Kyle
Excess is Success

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, »
I ordered 16 of the 50 ct stings on march 7th,  had to extend more than 2 times,.  Ray gave me a bogus tracking number then 2 days later gave me a good DHL tracking number on friday, and yesterday they show they are sitting in Seattle awaiting delivery.  Was hoping they would arrive today sometime.

Sorry Rick.

One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline Pete

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, »
I just received my order that was placed on March 1. 

Once Ray shipped it the total shipping time was 3 days including the weekend; that was fast!!! 

Counted nodes only missing 4, but one string was a 4-wire, not a 3-wire pixel string.  I am also missing 5 male plugs and 1 female plug.  This is not too bad - I guess.  All of the other items I ordered are correct.

I contacted Ray and he got back to me within hours.  He offered me the option to resend or refund - I chose to resend the missing/correct items.

He was very upfront with me after I asked him about the delay.

Pete

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, »
I just chatted with Ray.  He said he is shipping my order right now, and I should have a tracking number in a couple hours.  :D
Excess is Success

Offline tng5737

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, »
I ordered 12 set of 50ct March 1st - Ray told me a couple of weeks ago that it would ship that Thursday - still nothing - not even bogus number.  I gave him a very generous extend time which may have  made things worse - he is probably filling orders with shortest extend times first.

Offline rm357

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, »
I don't think he is doing that - although if you have multiple orders, he will combine them to save shipping...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, »
For my order, the tracking number was never valid.  The reference number was.  I had to go to the UPS site and enter it manually, but it worked.

My took a couple days (in china?) for initial shipping leg, non trackable.  Then the last 3 days were trackable, using reference #, not the tracking#.

My tracking# was a number on the box, which didn't have anything to do with the actual online shipment tracking.

In fact, my order was for DHL and it never shipped DHL at all.

But in the end, I got it and all was basically fine.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]