Author Topic: SS Order arrives  (Read 16082 times)

Offline tng5737

Re: SS Order arrives
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2011, »
I have had five order with him.  Only one was given a bogus ship number (the order for the smallest amt of $).  The rest and much more expensive orders got valid tracking numbers when they shipped.  (one has yet to ship - the 50ct strings) They were all thru DHL and I was able to track them by entering the tracking code into DHL's website.  Once the leave Hong Kong,  there were no more updates UNTIl they rached my door.  All were delivered in about 3 days from leaving Hong Kong.  I want to order some more but am waiting to see the quality of the 50ct strings first.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2011, »
i just got my DHL # today, we'll see
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2011, »
My wife tells me that my 50 ct strings arrived today.  Will check on the quality when I get home from work.
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2011, »
Wow, flying without stealth on ?

No, your supposed to tell her its a secret gift for her ... and just to put the box in your office where you can handle it.  ;D
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2011, »
Wow, flying without stealth on ?

No, your supposed to tell her its a secret gift for her ... and just to put the box in your office where you can handle it.  ;D

I got to say, that was pretty funny.

Now, since now she knows it wasn't for her you might need to make a trip to the local jewelry store so she doesn't think that ALLl the money is going to Christmas lights.

Rich

Offline Freebird

• Coop Manager
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2011, »
Well I did mess up and say  " Wow  551.00 fit in that small box"   She said I didnt know what it cost..   <fp.

Anyway,  I looked my order over,  and I think Ray Wu's company is getting better on their quality control.  Out of 16 strings, 13 had all 50 nodes, 2 had 51 and 1 had 52. The sealant was excellent work, not too little and if anything a little too much.  I did have one node that was on the bottom of the box that had a small discoloration from getting cracked,  but the extra's made up for it.  Im very impressed with the purchase I made. 

Freebird
One day I will fly out of the fog and all of this will be seen clearly!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2011, »
I did chat with Ray Wu today and he said my lights were boxed for dhl and he would send me the tracking number later.

I got the number a short time later and the number actually works. It has hong kong info and being sent to the Philadelphia area which is across the river from me. So this is good progress.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline steve hughes

• HughesHolidays
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2011, »
got the "testing" order in today..ordered on 3/31 and received a box of lights today 4/6. Of course the shipping still shows this table when I log into Alibaba?????

Date     Location     Status
03 Apr 2011 15:58    Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America    With delivery courier
03 Apr 2011 15:57    Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America    Arrived at DHL facility in Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America
03 Apr 2011 15:57    Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America    Clearance processing complete at Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America
03 Apr 2011 15:57    Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America    Processed at Location Cincinnati Hub - United States Of America
03 Apr 2011 08:42    Anchorage - United States Of America    Delay in transport to Anchorage - United States Of America
03 Apr 2011 05:50       Departed from DHL facility in
03 Apr 2011 05:37       Processed at Location
02 Apr 2011 10:46       Arrived at DHL facility in
02 Apr 2011 09:45    Hong Kong - Hong Kong    Departed from DHL facility in Hong Kong - Hong Kong
02 Apr 2011 09:30    Hong Kong - Hong Kong    Processed at Location Hong Kong - Hong Kong
02 Apr 2011 04:45    Hong Kong - Hong Kong    Shipment picked up
View more

Apparently it hasn't updated in several days for some reason. I shipped them via Fed EX as I live in a small town and DHL doesn't come here that often. The Fed Ex and UPS men know me personally  and sometimes deliver my boxes to my work address. According to the box, they didn't ship Fed Ex, they shipped DHL and then got delivered by the USPS???? Got a slip in the mailbox to pick up a package...Not sure what/how they went thru shipping....maybe this order didn't take that long because it was a smaller order compared to others but hey...let the confusion begin to try and turn everything on!!! So far...everything looks ok as far as sealed/weatherproofed and the couple of strings I have checked have all the lights they are supposed to have. They still have to go thru the "QA" inspector that saw the bill tho!!! ;D Will try and put some pictues up later...hopefully everything going to work straight from the box....or I will have some explaining to do to the "boss" !!!!!  Thanks to everyone that helped and added information with all these new items!! Let the 2011 season of losing hair begin!
Don't run, you will just goto jail tired

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2011, »
Nothing new on my order as of yet.  Placed on the 8th still just the "Place Holder" tacking number.
I have 8 days left on the clock to open a dispute.

Received an E-Mail last night, my Delivery Date has been extended to the 24th.

Bill

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2011, »
i placed my order march 27th
4 - 25 nodes
1 set metal squares
1 set plastic rectangles

got fake tracking number April 6
got real tracking number April 7

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2011, »
Ray extended my delivery date too.
I don't mind having a later date as long as the counter doesn't run out of time.
I want to actually get my nodes and check them before payment is released.

I don't mind waiting a little longer, besides I don't have a way to test them right now anyways.

Brian
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2011, »
Ray asked for an extension on my order also then gave a wrong tracking number - after ? order received correct number that only worked on DHL site. Order received the other day 16 strings of 75 nodes - Like a kid in a candy store all I did was count the strings everything looked good then accepted/released payment to Ray. Did not count all the nodes. Now after reading of others problem with order from others went and counted nodes the total is as follows:
Strings               Nodes
   5                       75
   4                       76
   2                       74
   2                       78
   1                       73
   1                       69
   1                       83
If my count is right ended up with 8 spares but will have to splice strings to make the order right.

I have placed other orders with Ray and have not had problems with products but have had problems with tracking numbers.
All in all Ray seems to try and get things right and make sure your order is correct but he may be a bit overloaded with everything being ordered and shipped right now.

The above was just my venture into ordering SS from Ray and although I was disappointed with having to modify the strings I have not made a claim / complaint about the order - May have felt different if node count would have been way short ....

Offline JerryPlak

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2011, »
 :D My order got into LA,CA this morning at 5:00 AM PDT   ;D  maybe today or tomorrow I will have my order to check them out  <;d

Jerry Plak

Offline tng5737

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2011, »
I rcv'd my 50ct strigns today.  The counts were all correct however three of the strings have problems.  On one the red led in one of the nodes is completely dead.  Another string has a node right in the middle which is intermittent.  If you press on its sides it will make connection but after releasing goes back out (along with the remaining nodes on the string).
On another string one of the nodes has an odd color  so that white is noticeably different than the other nodes.
I emailed Ray, and have no doubt that he will make things right.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2011, »
I don't know how to test my nodes and we won't have controllers and hubs for a few months. When I am finally able to test them, I won't have any recourse because I have already released payment.
I hope they all work.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!