Author Topic: Will Olive be Free or Pay for Use?  (Read 10952 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: Will Olive be Free or Pay for Use?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2011, »
By the way, I read in one of the comments about making sure it'll support computers a couple of years old. This does mean XP too, I hope.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline spider236

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2011, »
My thoughts are that it should be easy to use, intuitive and yet provide enough functionality to create a nice display.

I've used the free programs and purchased software as well. It seems that the more complex the program becomes, the more difficult it is to use, so much so in some cases that i've given up trying to use it.

i am not opposed to paying for software, and i certainly appreciate all the effort that goes into it. It's not an easy thing to do. Hats off to all who have the ability to do so.  <res..

Offline tbone321

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
By the way, I read in one of the comments about making sure it'll support computers a couple of years old. This does mean XP too, I hope.

1. Make it fast
2. Make it easy to use
3. Make it run on older machines

PICK ANY TWO!
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline PVPlaceLights

• Lola "Bean" - The Equalizer
    • Dazlyn [imagination.innovation.Realization]
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, »
On the topic of older machines:

Olive will run any system that supports the Java Runtime Environment 1.6 and above. This includes Windows XP as well as other non-Microsoft operating systems.

As for hardware, I've optimized the studio environment to support extremely high channel count live editing on more modern systems (i.e. less than 4 years old). However, the show playback system, known as Olive US (Universal Server), will have the ability to run optimized, pre-compiled shows and should provide extremely high channel count performance on systems up to 10 years old.

Within a couple of months we should be able to see what kind of performance the older systems are capable of.

Thank you,
--Matt
Dazlyn [imagination.innovation.Realization]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2011, »
easy and fun is the answer..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.