Author Topic: wireless and mouser  (Read 1577 times)

Offline shaunkad

wireless and mouser
« on: March 29, 2011, »
Is ther any thing I cannot get from mouser. It looks like from the first post on the curent wireless coop that there is very little cost savings and was woundering if the Mouser  bom was missing some thing.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: wireless and mouser
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, »
The only items that you can't get from mouser are the PCBs.  There is a small cost savings to ordering through the co-op.  The other factor is you're only having to pay one shipping charge for the parts and PCB as to where if you ordered the PCB from RJ or another member you'd pay shipping there and then again from Mouser for the parts.  I've ordered some extra PCBs with the co-cop to have on hand when I finally get "down and dirty" with 2011 planning in case I need some more wireless options.  Two of my neighbors just said they wanted to be involved in the fun too, so I know I'm gonna need a couple of wireless Lynx modules for their homes.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, »
Is the case customized for the wireless TX unit?  I was not sure if that was available from Mouser or not.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, »
yes, case is customized for tx (holes for jacks in case)., not avail from mouser.

if you get case and pcb from coop ... you can get parts anytime from mouser

You only need a tx case for the tx/rx ... the ex/rx for a LE doesn't need a case
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

This is one of the units, like the dongle, that has a part that doesn't drop in price.  There is less savings, but some at higher numbers.  It also means that the large  amount of paperwork is reduced for RJ, if a Coop manager deals with things, rather than RJ having to spend time on it.

The problems with part subs, and backorders, are also dealt with by the Coop manager.

A single case, specifically machined for the TX/RX, is over $60.  Large quantities bring that down.

Also, buying PCBs through the Coop allows you to be sure to get what you want.  There is no guarantee that you will have a large enough stock for everyone at the end of the year.  Remember, we have almost 2000 members.  If each wanted only one last minute PCB...  Do the math.  We're trying to keep everyone with what they want, in time for the season.

Keith

"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, »
I am in on the PCBs and the case. I wanted to make sure that the was not a special part. The savings at the 50 kit level is dimes. I would have hated to find out there was a 20 part nneeded. 

Shaun

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, »
for upfront costs, i'm getting the pcbs for both, the cases, and the sockets for the ones i want to do a mod on.  so far, for now, for parts, i'm waiting till later to get them.unless i can get a few parts kits financially some time before the coop closes.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!