Author Topic: LSP and After Effects  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
LSP and After Effects
« on: April 07, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I have been thinking about how to program 750 LED lights using LSP.  My goal is to build a mega tree similar to this one.

One thought I had was to use After Effects to create video and then import the video into LSP and use transitions.  Overall it appears to work okay, but ideally I would like to get true 1 to 1 pixel mapping so I know in AE what the results would be.   Check out the video and let me know what you think.  I would love to get feedback on how to improve the process.

Offline abrianbaker

Re: LSP and After Effects
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, »
 <res.

WOW That looks amazing!!!!!!
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, »
HOLY COW how u do dat, EXELLENT
Jeff

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, »
I did notice that one of the cooler features in LSP was the ability to take a picture or video and then program a RGB matrix with it.  This is a great extension of that capability.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline dmoore

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, »
One thought I had was to use After Effects to create video and then import the video into LSP and use transitions.  Overall it appears to work okay, but ideally I would like to get true 1 to 1 pixel mapping so I know in AE what the results would be.   Check out the video and let me know what you think.  I would love to get feedback on how to improve the process.

You should be able in AE to define the video size the same as your matrix size - say 50 pixels high by 20 pixels wide.  Then when you transfer it over it should match up. 

If you are looking for less "fuzzy" matching than what occurs in LSP transitions but still want the semi-automated sequencing, it looks like LOR S3 with SSL incorporated will be a better option. 

These videos may help others using LSP 1.8 that want to use auto-sequencing:

Offline therealbigjim

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, »
the guy who did did that wrote his own program  Super Star , to work with in LOR II. He is using comsic color ribbons. They just bought him out and they said it will be part of the new S3 LOR package.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, »
I have been spending some more time with AE and LSP to program a mega tree that will consist of 12 flex RGB strings.  The following video shows that I have been working on.

Offline Rbar

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, »
Does is matter than Cosmic Color ribbons granularity is in sets of 3 nodes vs smart string singe node control?
Before I'd spend more money to get less granularity and control, I'd want to understand what I am giving up. 
For the record, none of the gadget owning Christmas light decorators I know are perfectionist control freaks; not a one of them.
I will not be surprised if one or more of them equals or exceeds this very fine mega tree approach using LSP 2.0 and smart strings.
Is 1,000 points of lights controlled in triplets, really 333 points of light?

Rbar