Author Topic: Lynx Combiner  (Read 8795 times)

Offline ponddude

Re: Lynx Combiner
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, »
I don't know why but for some reason I just can not wrap my head around this.  I don't think it is the way anyone is explaining it, I just am confused.

I think my problem is this...

If I have my hub as universe 1 and set it to output the first 512 channels of DMX (start channel 1), will those first 512 DMX channels do the same thing as the first 512 channels of SS's?  Or are the 512 channels of DMX completely independent of the 4096 channels of SS's?

Greg
Greg
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rm357

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, »
They will do the same thing.

The dmx converter portion of the hub does not alter the pixelnet data in any way. It simply mirrors a 512 channel block as dmx on a separate connector.

All 4096 channels of p-net data are always output on all p-net connectors. The individual string addresses are set in the ssc along with the color order data, node order data, and string/pixel mode of operation.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, »
if you setup dmx to be 1st dmx universe off of a pixelnet hub, and had an express on it set to start with dmx channel 1. and also....  had a ssc running on that same same hub set to pixelnet channel 1....

in vixen, channel 1 would be the first channel on the express AND the Red value on the first pixelnet node.
channel 2 would be the 2nd channel on the express, AND the Green value on the first pixelnet node.
channel 3 would be the 3rd channel on the express, AND the Blue value on the first pixelnet node.
channel 4 would be the 4th channel on the express, AND the Red value on the second pixelnet node.
etc.
etc.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tng5737

« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2011, »
I was wondering IF the SS Combiner could be used to connect a Rainbow Flood with and MR16 ?   As I understand it from the Rainbow manual the three color chans are branched off  via the RJ45 pairs much like the Pixelnet Universes.   Which is what the combiner was mad to do.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2011, »
While I'm sure that you can my question is why would you?  Since the MR16 uses lugs anyway, why not just make a cable that has an RJ45 on one end and female lugs on the other.  In order to use the Combiner on this you will need to do that anyway but in the combiner case, you would need to build 3 of them plus purchase and assemble the combiner.  Much more work with no advantage in doing it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline tng5737

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2011, »
Ok, thanks - not all that familiar with the MR16 - didn't realize it uses lugs.   I purchased a couple of Rainbow floods and saw that the MR16 could be used with it and since there is a coop underway, it would be cheaper than buying the Rainbow Brain so I wanted to go with the MR16.   The combiner was a random thought I had while reading the Floods manual.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2011, »
They are both 16 channel DC controllers so either one will work.  The only advantage the Rainbow Brain has is its outputs are configured to work directly with the Rainbow floods but the cost savings using the MR16 more than makes up for it IMHO and making the adapter cables shouldn't be much of a big deal.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, by tbone321 »
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2011, »
Here is a picture TNG with the lugs to cat 5.  I bought the female to female couplers off ebay. (here is 20 for $9 shipped You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

With the rainbow connector and a coupler on the mr-16 dc controller, I can use any patch cable between them.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tng5737

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2011, »
Thx for the pix - however, I think it confused me. I am going to post a wiring question over in the MR16 section to keep this thread on topic.