Author Topic: Vixen Error Messages  (Read 4844 times)

Offline mmais68569

Vixen Error Messages
« on: April 23, 2011, »
I am tring to test a Rainbow Brain & Rainbow flood with a 1 Min sequence.
1. I have completed & saved the sequence
2. created a program using the sequence
3. opened the scheduler used the crated program in #2 set the start times & run times & saved.
4.opened Vixen prior to the set start time, when the start time reached Vixen went ahead & tried to start. At that time I get the following Error Messages:

Plugin Error
 (Router)
An output plugin caused the following exception:
(Router-Plugin)
An output plugin caused the following exception:
Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and lenghth, and array's lower bounds.
 Execution has been stopped

Vixen
Enttec DMX USB Pro:
( Router-Startup)
Access to th Port "Com5" is Denied

Plugin Error
Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length and the array's lower bounds
 Execution has been stopped.

Pleas help what does all this mean???? Is my 1Min. test program to short????? The Com port 5 is the correct one for the dongle & is setup correctly. I have used this dongle to check & run a test program for the Express so I know the Dongle is good.

Thanks Mike

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Vixen Error Messages
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, »
Do you have the seqence set with 512 channels? If not, do you have the plug in set for 512 channels?

My point is it sounds like you have the plugin and seqence set to different channel count. You can not have a seqence with 100 channels if the plugin is set to 512 channels.

If it is not software you will need to get with the onwer of the equipment on their site and see if they can help. I hope the channel count is just off.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rm357

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, »
Access to com port denied often happens when a program using the com port does not release the port properly when shut down.

Easiest solution - pull the usb plug, wait until windows dings for the loss of the usb device, then plug it back in.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, »
Thanks RJ & RM for the help.
Yes RJ the channel count did not match I have changed that.
RM do I need to unplug the Dongle every time I am done running just to be on the safe side?

Thanks Mike

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, »
Everytime I have gotten the plugin error it was due to the channel count in the sequence not matching the channel count in the profile.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, »
I have made the corrections & tested, everything started as scheduled, but the the brain & flood did not come on. This maybe due to me not doing the sequence right. I will do a new sequence & try it again. This is going to be in 2-2 1/2 weeks I am going to the Appalachian trail for a hike. Thanks all for the help.

Mike

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks RJ & RM for the help.
Yes RJ the channel count did not match I have changed that.
RM do I need to unplug the Dongle every time I am done running just to be on the safe side?

Thanks Mike

I would suggest NOT unplugging the dongle over and over.  Windows is not a big fan of that and will begin to tie up excessive resources, not to mention the premature wear on the port connector.  The port error wes most likely due to Vixen not closing it properly due to the error it was reporting and should not happen once you get your sequence config corrected.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline rm357

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, »
I would only unplug the dongle to clear an error - or when you are done with it for the day  ;)

Plugging and unplugging repeatedly should not cause a problem as long as you wait for windows to ding appropriately. If you get in too big a hurry, windows can get confused - which usually requires a reboot.

RM

Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA