Author Topic: $1 case for the Rainbow Floods  (Read 823 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
$1 case for the Rainbow Floods
« on: April 27, 2011, »
I want to share my $1 case idea.    I was wanting to protect my 4 new floods but not spend $15 times 4 to have cases.   I used the $1 4x6 front loading frame from walmart.   They have 2 mounting tabs I had to cut off with my dremmel (took 60 seconds).    As you can see I did not use the cat5 connectors.   I wish I would have ordered the pig tails.   Used about a 5x7 1/4 inch plywood for the bases.   I drilled 4 holes in the frame back.   Then put silicone on the frame backs before I placed them on the plywood.   I screwed the frame to the plywood.   Drilled a hole for the wires to come out of the frame.   I put a small square of cardboard from a box behind the pcb and put silicone on both sides of the cardboard.   This makes the pcb set nice and flat in the frame. I put the wires through the hole.   Applied silicone around the hole and the wires.   Snapped the glass plate into the front side.   I have cat5 female to female couplers to connect the power plug to my 16 channel DC controller (MR16).   My floods will be on my covered porch so this will be plenty of protection from the weather.   If more protection is needed a guy could silicone glue the frame to plastic or even spend another dollar and use the glass plate from another frame instead of the plywood like I used. Then you could put a small amount of silicone around the inside of the front plate of glass.   Not the most expensive case for the flood, but it works for me.

Ron

Guess I really did a good job on cleaning the glass.  The glass is in the frame.  You just can't hardly see it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
Re: $1 case for the Rainbow Floods
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, »
Nice Ron!
Great imagination and thriftiness  :)

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!