Author Topic: Can someone send me a hex with two different starting channels?  (Read 2727 times)

Offline Trike

I'm just getting around to finishing my second aether. I still can't program the starting channel with my enttec pro using the lynx utility. Could someone send me a hex with a starting channel of 106 and 109? I think the default config is 3 channels per light?

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me out with a couple files with those starting channels. I'm trying to get the lights working this weekend for a small event at a friends house.

Thanks!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
I think the Aether is programmed with the LE Config Utility You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

also I think it uses four channels red, green, blue, white

Sorry I can't send you the firmware since I don't have a Aether

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Trike

Yeah, The lynx config utility doesn't work with my Entec Pro for some reason. I used a firmware that has the start channel set to 1 and it works with fine with my enttec pro using another DMX software. None of the Lynx software (only tried dmx deck and LE config Utility) works with my entec pro and i'm not sure why. The Entec activity light doesnt blink at all when attempting to send DMX data. When using other DMX programs the activity light blinks when sending DMX data. Its like the Lynx programs aren't connecting to the dongle correctly.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sorry about that, I guess I should not post when I am half asleep.

My guess to program the Aether and LE RJ changed the dmx code string and the Enttec dongle doesn't know what to do with it.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
I am not sure why the enttec does not work. It is one of the things on my list to do but has not reached the top yet. Mine is packed away so it would be kind of hard for me to do for you. If I had access to it I would.  Sorry!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Trike

Yeah, it's weird. It sees the comport no problem. but once I start transmitting, it's like nothing is being sent to the comport. At first I thought it was my computer, but i've tried it on several computers and several OS'es with and without the FTDI driver.

just curious if you're using .net's comport functions or using the FTDI api's? maybe I can at least try and narrow down if it's driver related.

Thanks!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
It just uses the Virtual comport. It would likely be an issue in packet format which you could not change. It will be a little while before I can look at it but I will get it looked at.

For now I am hoping that someone has theirs handy enough they can do it for you.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Trike

cool, thanks RJ.

If someone could be so kind to set their aethers to channel 106 and 110 and dump the two hex'es for me, that would be awesome.

Thanks!  ;D

Offline Trike

I hate begging, but pretty please....... I really want to get these working on saturday.

Thanks

Offline batdive

What Channels do you need?

Send me a PM/Email with the info.

-JS

Offline batdive

Trike found some time today to get this done.

Here you go..

Enjoy and hope it helps