Author Topic: incan repair tool.  (Read 6764 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: incan repair tool.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, »
Is there a problem copying something on our own as long as we dont sell the product? wouldn't that be the issue? 
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2011, »
I don't want to clone it.  I think if I knew what was in the box I could come up with my own version.  I in no way meant to have a coop by any means.  And no I do not want to be the manager  <fp.

Just want to gaze into Pandora's box!   >.d9

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2011, »
I am clueless when it comes to that so I hope someone can design something to beat the 150 dollar price tag...

Offline tbone321

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, »
I think that the problem is not so much making one for yourself but opening one up and posting the design on a public web site for others to duplicate is a whole different issue.  If it were my design and it were a commercial product, you can bet that I would be calling my lawyers if I saw it being stolen on a public web site.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, »
Let me re-word my post.  If someone would take pictures and email them to me  <yk..

Ron

My 2010 Videos

Offline zwiller

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, »
I don't want to clone it.  I think if I knew what was in the box I could come up with my own version.  I in no way meant to have a coop by any means.  And no I do not want to be the manager  <fp.

Just want to gaze into Pandora's box!   >.d9

Ron

Just kidding with the COOP manager thing. 

<la..
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, »
I found the thread over at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are pictures over on page 2.
/mike

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2011, »
I found the thread over at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are pictures over on page 2.
/mike

For those of us who aren't members, We cant see what it shows..... <md..

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, »

Here is a light keeper pro for $19

Ron
Ive read alot of the reviews on this product and I think this will work although I would like to see something made from our site..

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, »
It shows an automobile ignition coil with the primary driven by a triac circuit similar to a light dimmer, and with the secondary (high voltage) connected to the output socket.
/mike

Offline cubbieco

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2011, »
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I watched a video of the Light Keeper Pro (not the old version) and he fixed a tree by clicking the trigger multiple times.  I think this would fuse the bulb wires as described above.

Also it has an electricity detector in it so you plug the light string in and run it near the bulbs in order.  As soon as you no longer hear a tone you've found your bulb.  It might not be as obvious as the buzz box but for the price difference I will definitely be getting a Light Keeper pro for this year.

Offline trekster

• My 2010 Videos
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2011, »
I can not tell much about the circuit in the picture of the buzz box.  I did google "circuit to fire an ignition coil"  and found this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

It is a circuit we all can build. I don't know the circuit to fire the coil using 120vac like in his version.  Is it a basic on/off using a triac like in the express only making a RC circuit to make it pulse on/off about 100 hertz?

Can someone come up with a triac 120 vac oscillator to fire an ignition coil?  Then we can build our own with our own design.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2011, »
And a lot cheaper than the buzz box..

Offline tbone321

« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, »
Please correct me if I'm wrong but I watched a video of the Light Keeper Pro (not the old version) and he fixed a tree by clicking the trigger multiple times.  I think this would fuse the bulb wires as described above.

Also it has an electricity detector in it so you plug the light string in and run it near the bulbs in order.  As soon as you no longer hear a tone you've found your bulb.  It might not be as obvious as the buzz box but for the price difference I will definitely be getting a Light Keeper pro for this year.

What you see on the video is not what alwys happens.  I have a LKP and while it saved my butt many times, it doesn't always work.  I has little effect with a loose bulb or a broken wire and the detector doesn't always find it either, especially if the string is a multi-channel or it is wrapped round metal such as a pre-lit tree or a wire frame.  I don't know how much better the buzz box works but I would guess that the constant high voltage pulse would make a sound arcking to at the failure point that will not happen with the LKP.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2011, »
what's keeping the high voltage arc from zapping your working lights?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!