Author Topic: incan repair tool.  (Read 6765 times)

Offline tbone321

Re: incan repair tool.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2011, »
It's not the voltage that lights are concerned with, it's the current and the time that current is applied.  It takes time relative to the current flowing for the filament of a bulb to heat up to the point of illumination and from there to the point of failure.  The LKP and the Buzz Box send out high voltage low current pulses as it is the high voltage that works the magic, not the current.  An LED OTOH, would be fried by something like the Buzz box.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2011, »
With over 22k incans, ima need something to keep it lit whether we make one or I buy one. I would rather make one. I'm just unable to do it on my own. There is enough ppl here with the smarts to do it.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, »
Well, the thing is that a LKP is only about $15 and will fix about 80% of your issues.  The Buxx Box can resolve some issues that the LKP doesn't but even it can't fix or find everything.  Since I doubt that you could even build your own Buzz Box for what the LKP cost at full retail, I would just buy the LKP and be done with it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, by tbone321 »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, »
This discussion has come up many times on other forums and nothing every happens for a variety of reasons.  I do not expect this quest to come to anything either.  I will say that the one friend I know who has a buzz box swears by it and I have read quite a few messages of other folks who also swear by them.  Hoping someone will come up with a plan to build one IMHO is not going to make anything happen this time either.  But I've been wrong before.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, »
I hope you are wrong.( nothing personal) I would like to see it even if it cost a lil more than the $19 product. Its all about diy-ing things.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, »
The problem is that there is a fine line between "DIY-ING" and stealing.  If you come up with your own method of doing it like RJ did with his Lynks controllers then you are DIY-ing.  If you crack open an existing device and just duplicate it, then any way you want to look at it, you are just stealing it.  And doing so on a public forum can lead to legal issues. 

Offline zwiller

« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, »
If the buzz box cost $49.95 we wouldn't be having this thread.

Now if you really want to get serious about this I don't see any indications that this device is patented.  This is probably due the fact this device is somewhat dangerous to use and therefor production for the masses would never occur.  Also from what I've seen posted about it, folks that are familiar with electronics say it is not designed well or safe.  There is a good possibility that someone here can actually design a safer more cost effective device.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, »
I agree with zwiller..zwiller for president...

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, »
I have an idea a while back there was a tread about switching inductive loads and some posted a shocker with a 9v battery. The same idea can apply using 120v ac as the power source the bars replaced with an outlet.  I Know enough to be highly dangerous and this is only an idea there would hvae to be more protection added to it.     

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, »
You know enough to be dangerous...lol

Offline tbone321

« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If the buzz box cost $49.95 we wouldn't be having this thread.

Since it probably costs at least that much to make it, I doubt that they could sell it for that price.  I don't know and didn't bother to see if it is UL listed but if so, that testing and certification doesn't come cheap either and will add to the cost.

Now if you really want to get serious about this I don't see any indications that this device is patented.  This is probably due the fact this device is somewhat dangerous to use and therefor production for the masses would never occur. 

It only took me a few minutes of looking to see that it in fact appears to be a patended device.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   is just one of MANY patent links referring to the SF-102 "buzzbox"
I also found it available on a few sites with prices from $150 to $250 and that was only with a brief look.  I guess that my question would be if it is so dangerous to use, who would want to use it and who would want to take the responsibility of designing it or releasing such a design?

Also from what I've seen posted about it, folks that are familiar with electronics say it is not designed well or safe. 

While that may or may not be true, many have also posted that RJ's stuff is dangerous and doesn't work.  Do you take those claims for fact as well?

There is a good possibility that someone here can actually design a safer more cost effective device.

If someone designs a whole new unit that does it a different way that creates as you put it  "a safer more cost effective device", then that is a new DIY device but if someone just opens up an existing unit and duplicates it, then they are just stealing an existing design.  This is starting to sound and get negative so I'm going to end it here for me now but I would suggest that if any of you wish to persue this endevor, that you do it thru PM's and email.  I would really hate to have RJ start getting phone calls from some legal team claiming that DLA appears to be allowing and / or supporting the attempted theft of their clients design.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, »
I don't understand how this has become so negative, but its not supposed to be that way. If someone can come up with a way to do this (without copying the others)then just do it.

Offline skulldan

« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2011, »
...also (if my understanding of patents is correct)  if there is a patent that should show exactly how it is constructed. so no pictures needed and it is public knowledge.  as long as no one attempts to sell it as is without the patent holders permission there is no problem.
Dan

building my collection of blinkys

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2011, »
That's my point.. Ima look into it and see if trekster is still gonna try it.

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, »
That's my point.. Ima look into it and see if trekster is still gonna try it.

me?

Yesterday at lunch, I went through 55 pages (of 10 each) of ignition coils at autozone.com and did not see a coil like he used.  I can make it I just need help on a circuit to "buzz" the coil.  I can do it with a relay or the circuit I posted several messages back.  I do want to try it.

Ron
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, by trekster »
My 2010 Videos