Author Topic: incan repair tool.  (Read 6766 times)

Offline zwiller

Re: incan repair tool.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, »
Somewhere I saw something mentioned about neon transformers with this device.  My grandfather and dad had a neon sign shop ages ago.   The old man still gets calls to fix the occasional sign and the usual fix is a tranny swap.  So he has a stash of transformers.  I know they are high voltage low current.   After my dad is done laughing and scolding me for suggesting something like this he might offer some insight since he thinks my show is cool.
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, »
Those transformers put out some serious spark.  I have one in the shed.  It is about the size of a shoe box.  I made a Jacobs ladder out of it.  It would spark about 3 inches at the top.  I think it would be a little more then I need for a buzz box.  Something like this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I did order an ignition coil, 555 timer, irf640 mosfet, diodes, capacitors and resistors off ebay to try and make my own buzz box.  It will have to have a 12 volt power supply to run the coil and buzz circuit.  I plan on using this circuit.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Some of my parts are from China and will take 2+ weeks to arrive.  I figure I will have about $25 in parts plus something for a case.  I will use  a 12 volt wall wart type power supply that I all already have several of.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2011, »
keep us informed. I will definitely want to build one.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.