Author Topic: How Do I Create RGB In Vixen  (Read 2678 times)

Offline mmais68569

How Do I Create RGB In Vixen
« on: May 08, 2011, »
I have some Rainbow Floods I want to use & have them change colors. But I have not figured out how to do it in Vixen. I see the Add-Ins & the RGB LED I can create a 30sec. sequence but when I want to change the color in the next 30 sec. it will not work. What do I need to do????????

Mike

Offline cubbieco

Re: How Do I Create RGB In Vixen
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, »
I don't have my dmx unit for this yet but you will  be assigning a separate channel for red, green & blue.  If you used the MR16 from here the first three channels should be the RGB.  The DMX module from cheapdmx also uses three channels.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't have my dmx unit for this yet but you will  be assigning a separate channel for red, green & blue.  If you used the MR16 from here the first three channels should be the RGB.  The DMX module from cheapdmx also uses three channels.

Then if this is the case & way to do it how do these 3 channels get connected to one flood to control colors?

Mike

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, »
If you use the Rainbow Brain, the rainbow floods just plug into it using standard CAT5 network cable.  If you are using a DC controller like the MR16, then you would need to make some adapter cables to connect the flood to three seperate outputs of the controller.  All you would really need to do is take a standard cat 5 cable and cut one of the ends off, strip back the outer jacket, and connect to the DC controller.  Here is the link to the wiring required  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, »
I am using a Lynx Dongle & Rainbow Brain. So you are saying all I need to do is plug the Cat5 in the Dongle then run it to the Brain plug in the flood & it will work. Just program three channels Red, Green & Blue set different intensity & it should work.

Mike

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, »
That is correct.  Set a starting address on the Rainbow Brain, hook it up to a 12V power source and the dongle, plug in the rainbow flood(s), and sequence away.  Each jack uses three DMX channels. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving