Author Topic: VIXEN & LOR ON SAME COMPUTER  (Read 1420 times)

Offline mmais68569

VIXEN & LOR ON SAME COMPUTER
« on: May 13, 2011, »
Is it possible to run LOR & Vixen on the same computer at the same time to control your Christmas lights?
Here is what I have in mind, LOR will run the sequence portion of my show using a USB485 adapter. I vixen will run non musical non sequenced LED flood lights. These will be used to wash the house they will be on for 30 sec. red then 30 sec. green & run the whole program. They will be controlled by a Lynx Dongle & Rainbow Brain. Will this work or am I just thinking outside of the norm?

Mike

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
Re: VIXEN & LOR ON SAME COMPUTER
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, »
I would think it would work as long as the comm ports are set correctly in the right programs...

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, »
That should work, but I think xlights would do this best or better?

You just sequence it all in LOR, then map out the channels/controllers to the appropriate network type in xlights.

It supports both LOR and Lynx DMX Dongle, Renard and D-light ... and soon Pixelnet and E1.31.

It then plays your LOR sequence and acts as the scheduler/player instead of LOR or Vixen.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, »
Why not integrate the flood lights as part of the show? Flood lights sure added a lot to my show last year.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login