Author Topic: American DJ Revo 4  (Read 2016 times)

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
American DJ Revo 4
« on: May 14, 2011, »
Has anyone considered adding the following to their display?  It supports 254 channels and it appears each LED can be controlled.  I was thinking about placing this over my garage doors and angle it down on the driveway since the driveway takes up most of my front yard.  I just wonder how much light this would really give off.  The video looks good though.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
Re: American DJ Revo 4
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, »
I think it looks good, and the price is great too..  ;D
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, »
Looks really cool, although not sure I would want to use it for a christmas display, but that is just my opinion. Would be cool for parties though.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, »
Looks cool.  I wonder if it it could be set up as a 16x16 matrix ?  Could this handle temperature extremes?  And how far could it project out?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2011, »
Looking at the spec, it says

256 total 5mm LEDs : 64 Red, 64 Green, 64 blue and 64 White

plus manual control with 256 channels.  I am assuming each LED can be conrolled.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2011, »
you can run it in 256 channel mode to program each individual LED diode!

Above, was a comment on a review I found.

It appears that its a 8x8 grid of Blue & White intermingled with a 8x8 grid of Red and Green.

The manual states that in 256 ch. mode, that its R,G,B,W,... and each is a 0->256% intensity setting.

Pretty intriguing for sure.

Your not going to be able to combine colors per se, but you can/should be able to activate anything
in the 4 grids of Red,Green,Blue and White.

Many very positive reviews of this product, it appears.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline lightsup

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, »
I have a Revo 3 and its pretty bright. The only thing is the further you aim it the LED dot gets deform on the outside edges, As you can see in the video of the revo4 it does the same thing and they are not made for outside exposure you would have to make an enclosure to protect it from the weather rain, snow, etc.
Just do it.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, »
I read a couple places that they felt the Revo 3 was slightly brighter than the Revo 4.   But the 4 has the better DMX control.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, »
Also, keep in mind that you won't see the light beams shown in the video unless fog rolls into your neighborhood. Clubs and theaters run hazers or smoke machines to get particulates in the air that make the beams visible.

-Mike

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, »
It's temping to mount one of these underneath the upper soffits of my house. Looking at the manual, you can do a lot with the thing even in 4-channel mode with all the built in patterns to choose from.

Offline Ralph A

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, »
Hey Mickpat,  I too plan on using the Revo  4 this year in my display.  Here is a thread on it in the LOR site  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login I will be placing the unit on the roof of the house and aiming onto the lawn.  I used a dmx device this last year outdoors and It worked great.  I did build a waterproof  plywood box and placed plexiglass on the front of it to keep out the weather. I have yet to buy it, best price I've seen so far $249.00.