Author Topic: What's the purpose?  (Read 5505 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: What's the purpose?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks Trekster, I think I have it figured out now.  How did you determine where to land the wires on the rainbow?  It looks like you omitted the cat 5 connectors and went straight to he board - what do I connect to what?

Here is a close up pic.  I did not use the cat5 connector because of the case I used.  It would not fit in my $1 case. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  As you can see the board is labeled at both ends for red, green, blue and common.

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline kjam22

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, »
So would it be possible to power this board w/ 24 volts without damage?  A friend of mine picked up some LED's from an old grocery store cooler and I think they can be used in a display but they need 24 volt power.

Offline fjaust

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2011, »
Hi kjam,

I asked this same question a few months ago.
You can run them on 24V but you need to use a decent heatsink on the 5V regulator.
This is how I plan to run mine as well as I have plenty of 24V LED strings that I want to control.

Thanks, fj
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, by fjaust »

Offline rmp2917

• Coop Manager
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2011, »
So would it be possible to power this board w/ 24 volts without damage?  A friend of mine picked up some LED's from an old grocery store cooler and I think they can be used in a display but they need 24 volt power.

Yes. They will work with 24 volts.

The heatsink that fjaust mentions is included in the kit.

Offline fjaust

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2011, »
The heatsink that fjaust mentions is included in the kit.

it is ? i didn't realise that. i ordered some from mouser yesterday when i placed my dmx dongle order. oh well, a few spares won't hurt

Offline mtxrooster

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, »
This should be stickied :)  I was just wondering what kind of projects / lamps I could use these on :)  Tnx for the ideas and links to various products, building some inspiration :)