Author Topic: New Aether  (Read 36552 times)

Offline SGInut

Re: New Aether
« Reply #120 on: July 23, 2011, »
Drooling with anticipation!  Any chance we could be seeing these coop in time for this year's display?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2011, »
That is the plan!
My only hold up has been getting heatsinks made. They are suppose to be done this week so I should be able to get one done this coming weekend. I hope so I want to take one to Lone Star Academy so the members that attend can play with one and see if they think it is any good.

RJ

Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline inzeos

« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That is the plan!
My only hold up has been getting heatsinks made. They are suppose to be done this week so I should be able to get one done this coming weekend. I hope so I want to take one to Lone Star Academy so the members that attend can play with one and see if they think it is any good.

RJ

Very cool RJ!  Hoping to have a few of these added to the display this season if possible.  Now to avoid temptation of other coop's until this one shows up ;)

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #123 on: August 07, 2011, »
Well should we be buying power supplies? Did everything work out? I could not get down to TX to see it.   

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
New Aether
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2011, »
The demo of the new Aether was great. Very bright and it looks to be very simple to build. I think you should wait until RJ is ready for a coop to start buying power supplies, but he just used a landscape lighting transformer for the demo.

Ron

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2011, »
Thank you Ron. I was fishing for some more info from RJ.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2011, »
I think that waiting for the coop to gt the supplies would be a bad idea.  I would expect that the coop is at least a month away and working at a Lowe's a few years ago, they are not big on stocking many these transformers that late into the year. With the state of the current economy, they are even less likely to have many.  Even now if you look at their top stock, there isn't much up there and it can take weeks for some out of stock items to show up and that's if they have it at the distribution centers.  I hope that RJ either orders or can order more than 50 heat sinks because that number of Athers will sell out in a few hours. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2011, »
I think that waiting for the coop to gt the supplies would be a bad idea.  I would expect that the coop is at least a month away and working at a Lowe's a few years ago, they are not big on stocking many these transformers that late into the year. With the state of the current economy, they are even less likely to have many.  Even now if you look at their top stock, there isn't much up there and it can take weeks for some out of stock items to show up and that's if they have it at the distribution centers.  I hope that RJ either orders or can order more than 50 heat sinks because that number of Athers will sell out in a few hours.

This was my thought exactly last year I waited till October to make mini trees 10 stores later i had a total of 3 cages. I like to have my ducks in a row by October either all supplies in house or on order.   

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2011, »
I do not expect the transformers are going to be the limiting factor. The Led is going to be. I think we will likely have to run a coop for 100 to have the leds be avaliable right away. Then have a coop start the day the first one closes for however many people want up to the point of sorting being an issue. Then we leave it open for a few weeks and put the leds on order. The people in the second coop might not make using them this year. This is just the facts. I can not control how fast the companies can get the leds out. With a ten week lead time and only so many in stock everywhere it becomes the limit. Likely we will have an easier time next year after an order or two because they will up stocks at the warehouses. But am I am working on this to see if we can improve the short term. 

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2011, »
That sounds like a good way to do it and I would suggest that if you do it that way that you put a limit on the number of units that can be ordered on the first coop, at least for the first one or two days.  This way more people can get a few for this season.  I intend to order 6 myself but of the limit is two or three, I would be good with that and would just order the rest on the second coop.  I can make two or three work if the others don't get here in time. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline abrianbaker

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2011, »
I would agree  tbone.  I too would like 5-6 however I would be happy with 1 or 2 as I do not have any color washing as of yet.  :-\

<res. to you RJ for all you do!!!
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline shaunkad

« Reply #131 on: August 08, 2011, »
I would like 5 or 6 but can live with 2 or 3 if it will get most people some lights

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2011, »
I agree with a limit of 2.  Sounds like a fair way to make them available.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2011, »
Limiting it to 2 for a few days (Say a week or so) would give more people a chance to get in on the deal.

Thanks RJ for all the cool stuff you develop. It really make christmas fun for us. It's been close to christmas sence the first LE coop this year, with all the things I have to buy and make. Make this heat in Texas sure make it impossible to do much after work. I've been wanting to get my Mega tree but together with the lights in the backyard but way to hot. Maybe next month.

Sweating in Texas
Scott
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline DaMenaCe

« Reply #134 on: August 18, 2011, »
i skim through the entire post quickly so i m sorry if this question is already answered. i was wondring do you know how much does it roughly cost?? if i decide to make one of these this would be my first UNIT :) and i would love to do this if its affordable for me lol. ALSO, i am gonna do sum research on trying to manage this heat issue, caz i would love to beff this unit up even more lol.