Author Topic: 4 channel DC SSR  (Read 2806 times)

Offline soakes94

4 channel DC SSR
« on: May 22, 2011, »
I was wondering if someone could help me, I need to build some 4 channel DC SSR's, they don't have to deal with voltages over 12v and it wot be dealing with currents over 600ma, I was thinking could I use the same transistors that are in ren48lsd as there cheap and meet my requirments.

I built some dc ssrs last year and they were expensive because of the transistors I was using. I would still want to use a opto. I would use them with the ssrs with the freestyle so it would just be resistors, opto and transistors I'd be looking for. So if someone could help me with resistor values and what opto to use so it would work with the same transistors as the ren48lsd.

Thanks Stephen :)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
Re: 4 channel DC SSR
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, »
I know you are asking for "some" 4  channel controllers for 12 volt.  But can you use the current 16 channel controller in the coop? $42 for 16 channels?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline soakes94

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, »
I think I might pick up a couple of them but I was still wanting some DC SSR's.

I was going to build them using this as the opto 782-K847PH  and then the transistirs, a voltage regulator for the opto and some resistors, I was wondering if someone could help with what resistor ratings I use

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2011, »
You might one to PM either n1ist or RJ since we try to keep tech talk off of the boards.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline holland lights

• holland lights
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, »
It wouldnt be hard for rj to come out with a 4 channel unit. use mosfets instead of triacs, and mosfet drivers instead of the chips that is on there. Plus i dunno if the current ssr board would have the right hook ups.

Offline my64p1800

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, »
Hey there all
While I am new here I do have some help there is a part we use a great deal in DC control, the part is a VN05 it comes from ST micro and has ton of great features and can safely be driven from a TTL signal, check it out and if I can help let me know.

Best regards Andy/