Author Topic: Questions Concerning the Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2  (Read 3165 times)

Offline charles59

Re: Questions Concerning the Wireless(TX/RX)Ver 2
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2011, »
I totally agree that the short stick will be the software.  I understand the concept of syncing computers, but if one has a 25-30 millisecond refresh on their channel changes, I can't imaging two computers synced over internet will produce the result desired.  I could be wrong, but my tests have not produced result that I would be happy with.

Definitely interested in seeing how this progresses.  I am working on software, but wont be ready for this christmas, and it is strictly Mac based.

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2011, »
Like someone said, you should be able to use a wireless router and a wireless access point to hook the dongle up at the other house. You would need 2 dongles, one for each house, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue. If there is any kind of delay, I would assume you could adjust for that in the sequence and just make the slower house trigger a little sooner.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Like someone said, you should be able to use a wireless router and a wireless access point to hook the dongle up at the other house. You would need 2 dongles, one for each house, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue. If there is any kind of delay, I would assume you could adjust for that in the sequence and just make the slower house trigger a little sooner.

I am wanting to do something simuar - hoping the EtherDongle is released this season wil simplifie this signifcently.  I am going to link the 2 houses togther with a set of Ubiquiti NanoStation’s (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)  - same idea as the Router and Access Point but this are directional and high grade products.  This is the same products that most WISP use for multiple mile comunications.

Harrison