Author Topic: A hearty thanks  (Read 634 times)

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
A hearty thanks
« on: May 25, 2011, »
I started this hobby last year after my brother-in-law introduced me.  I was hooked after I soldered together my first Express and got blinky.  This year I have already started ahead and am planning a bigger show (of course!) and more hardware (of course!).

I am not the most active person on these boards but I monitor them daily and have relied on the help of the community here to get past some issues and come up with ideas for my show.

After soldering together a couple of the just received wireless modules and placing them on my newly soldered lynxes, I was struck once again how fortunate I was to come across this site.  If it wasn't for RJ, his family, the other coop managers and the community here I don't think I would ever have started this hobby.

The idea to write this note struck me suddenly while I was listening the the Pouges and gitty from the fact that I can receive something in a box and build it into something that to me is down right cool and interesting.  So RJ and everyone else, I just wanted to give you all a big "Thanks and thumbs up."  I really do appreciate all that it takes to put this stuff out and in such a reliable manner.

My only hope down the road is that RJ continues to be inspired and shares the product of his inspiration with all of us for years to come.  I lack he creative insight to do this from scratch so I'm indebted to RJ and the others here. 

Again, Thank you.

Eric

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: A hearty thanks
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, »
I echo those sentiments and thanks 100% ...  <res.

Finding this forum and all the wondering things that RJ has designed and shared ... along with the support group of  DLA members ... allowed me to get very interested in new things for 2012 in a way I never imagined possible.  I am very thankful and appreciative to RJ and the members of DLA who support him and all of us.

Scott
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, »
2 1/2 years ago I had not soldered anything and was using LOR stuff where the boards were already complete.  Then I met RJ and Keith Tarpley at the GA mini in April and saw a demo of the LEs and wireless.  I've been hooked ever since.  The magic just keeps getting better.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2 1/2 years ago I had not soldered anything and was using LOR stuff where the boards were already complete.  Then I met RJ and Keith Tarpley at the GA mini in April and saw a demo of the LEs and wireless.  I've been hooked ever since.  The magic just keeps getting better.

Sounds a bit like my experience only I hadn't made the plunge into LOR (yet).  Saw the Lynx hardware demonstrated by kylec at a Mini PLUS and realized I could get a lot more bang for the buck.  I too would offer up a heartfelt THANK YOU to RJ for the great designs and to the forum community for the outstanding support.

Alan T