Author Topic: Coordinated group blinky?  (Read 1050 times)

Offline zwiller

Coordinated group blinky?
« on: May 28, 2011, »
I've had this idea for some time and thought I would throw it out there.  What if we were to organize a date and time during the season that all members of this fine board would sync our lights together to a group of the same sequences. 

Maybe this would be some kind of record for largest display of sync'd lights or something? 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

Re: Coordinated group blinky?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, »
While this does sound cool the real issue with it is that we are all so far apart distance wise.  Even if we were to do this perfectly nobody but us would know. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline Greg

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2011, »
I like this idea, but could you imagine the thrash Guinness World Records would have to go through to verify the record?
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, »
Seems to me if we can organize a teamspeak, coordinating something like this would be rather simple.  I thought, what if someone has some basic sequences that we could share and load into our show and program that show for a specific time for all of us to start.  If you want to get techie we could all sync computer clocks to a site or something.

Re: Guinness.  I truly have no idea how Guinness substantiates records.  I was thinking with today's tech we could all video some sort of testimony...  If enough people found out about it I am sure some news stations would get involved. 

Once again this is just a thought I had and I am not really fired up about it.   
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, »
Same song same time? That's a tough one to pull off but I'm in
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline skulldan

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, »
Couldn't everyone sync to one of the nist time servers and all start sequence at a set time?
Dan

building my collection of blinkys

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, »
Notes from the Guinness World Records website:  http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/member/faqs.aspx

"...we do require all of our records to be provable, quantifiable and breakable."

“Provable” and "quantifiable" might be issues.  

World Record or not, it would still be fun to accomplish such a feat, even if somebody did a countdown on TeamSpeak!   The music would have to be “Public Domain,” donated or custom written to meet Copyright (etc.) laws.

Of less interest to DLA members, but still listed:  "We do not accept claims for elbow licking."

Im in.  (Group blinky, not elbow licking...)

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, »
we don't need no stinkin badgers

oops, wrong quote...

we dont need no stinkin records!

why do they make the biggest ball of twine in minnesota?     because they can   :D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!