Author Topic: lor and renard newbee  (Read 2606 times)

Offline jeholla

lor and renard newbee
« on: November 06, 2013, »
I am new to this board and 2nd year with sequencing.

I am using lor s3 with a 16 channel lor controller, using some purchased and some shared sequences from 2012, most use 64 channels, but I just assigned the ones I wanted to my 16 channels to get the effect I want.

I just completed building a renard ss24, but have not yet flashed the pic with the firmware.

I want to use my lor s3 sequences from last year to run both the lor 16 and the ss24. I have a rs485 usb dongle supplied by lor for my lor controller.

I just downloaded the x light program, as it seems to be the right answer for me to run both this year, until I learn more about other software, such as vixen, etc.

Questions:
Should I go ahead and flash the renard pics with the renard firmware or use the dmx firmware?
It appears I need another dongle to connect the new renard to my computer, so any suggestions as to purchase or make one is appreciated.
Adding another dongle and running both the lor and the renard using x lights seems to be the simplest solution, and assigning the proper channel designation to the sequence already programmed in lor s3 would get me running.

Any assistance to these questions would be appreciated.
Jess
Prairieville, La

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: lor and renard newbee
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, »
Renard questions are best asked on doityourselfchristmas.com.  This forum is mostly dedicated to lynx boards.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA