Author Topic: Lynx Dongle lynx wireless tx  (Read 2155 times)

Offline jess_her

Lynx Dongle lynx wireless tx
« on: May 25, 2011, »
Hello DLA
Can a wireless board be piggy backed onto a dongle through the RS485 sockets with the  chips out or do you need the RS485 to pass the data???  Can the usb power both boards??
Jess
Only limitations in life is your imagination

Offline tbone321

Re: Lynx Dongle lynx wireless tx
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, »
I guess that I don't understand what you are asking.  The transmitter is a stand alone board so for what reason would you want to piggy back it to the dongle?
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jess_her

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, »
stack the board with some standoff's and install them in one case. The mounting holes are the same on both boards  just have to rotate the tx board so the antenna is 180 from the usb input on the doggle. If im thinking right no RS45's and no rs45 patch cord both boards in one case.

Offline egenoup

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, »
I strongly believe this would work and in fact I was whirling it in my mind...  RJ would be the one with the final word if it works or not.... 99.999% sure it would though... <yk..

CharlesS.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, »
I don't think that it's going to work as well as you think.  I doubt that the transmitter will operate at the 5V output of the USB.  The biggest problem with doing tat besides the voltage issues is pretty much killing the flexability of the transmitter.  Now you have VERY limited placement options for the transmitter and you may also have signal transmission issues with the dongle board blocking and / or reflecting the signal.  For the few dollars that you might save on a case it really doesn't seem worth it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline jess_her

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, »
pin 12 on the DLP-USB245-G would be needed to power  the transmitter. then the RS485 would need to be jumpered like  mr16 wireless add on. Attanna output  an issue, don't know. Can the usb port from the computer source enough current to power all of this?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, »
you can always try the double-headed plug like they use for some usb hard drives
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, »
Short answer no. The 5v will not power the TX. 

range will be the other issue with the dongle causing issues so close.

In the long run you will be causing yourself more problems and I am not sure I understand why.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying