Author Topic: LSP and SS Pixelnet  (Read 2424 times)

Offline tng5737

LSP and SS Pixelnet
« on: June 15, 2011, »
I've gotten my hub and ssc put together and am using a 102 node string to test with LSP 1.8
I set up a layer and assigned all chan to it then set up a transition.   The seq starts of allright but about a quarter of a way thru it lights stop responding but stay in their last state.  The only way to unfreeze these is to unplug the SSC and plug it back in.   I al tried setting up a random seq in Vixen which plays all the way through with no issues - save that it will not turn off the lights unless you put a half second block of OFF at the end.   Has anyone else experienced any diffuculties with LSP and Pixelnet?

Offline wftxlites

Re: LSP and SS Pixelnet
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, »
Yes, I am having issues with LSP and SS mainly with the scheduler.  I hope LSP 2.0 comes out soon.  I am seeing the memory of the PC slowly going up and CPU time go wild until eventually the scheduler freezes and has it be stopped with task manager. I removed the SS's from the sequence and it plays fine. I have a lot of time invested in my LSP sequences and I am very frustrated with this issue.

<md..

Greg

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, »
I've been asking to get on the LSP 2.0 beta, but nobody ever contacts me, so I'm not convinced they want any help.

LSP 1.8 is basically unusable unless your willing to tolerate all the slowness and bugs.  2.0 will be a must-have upgrade.

At this point, the program is an RGB effects generator, not much more.  Generate stuff, then export it and use in something
stable like Vixen, LOR, xlights.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, »
FYI

Sent LSP sequence to LSP support that was freezing the scheduler per their request. Hopefully, this will helps resolve some of the issues with LSP and SS. 

<pop..

I also want to say that RJ has gone way past the call of duty to make the SS technology available to DLAers.

Greg

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, »
Just curious if anyone has LSP, Pixelnet dongle, and SS Hub working? If so, have you passed DMX through it and seen blinky.

I have assembled my Hub and am trying to pass the DMX through it as a first test because I do not have and SS nodes yet. No Cigar yet! Trying to figure out what is wrong.

I guess I'll load Vixen and try that. Also, I need to load the latest Pixelnet dongle firmware.

Thanks,

Greg

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, »
Just curious if anyone has LSP, Pixelnet dongle, and SS Hub working? If so, have you passed DMX through it and seen blinky.

I have assembled my Hub and am trying to pass the DMX through it as a first test because I do not have and SS nodes yet. No Cigar yet! Trying to figure out what is wrong.

I guess I'll load Vixen and try that. Also, I need to load the latest Pixelnet dongle firmware.

Thanks,

Greg

I tested it shortly when David first created it and it worked. I had issues with it not sending out data sometimes when I expected it to and not sure if it was user error or not but I would play with it and it would start sending data. It did not seem to be the plugin as other plugins like the DMX plugin would do the same.

I can really do it cause I am on 2.0 testing so it would not be a valid test.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, »
David (LSP developer) said he has a new LSP plugin for pixelnet (just the last couple days) and was telling people to email him for it ... sounds like it fixed a few things.

I believe this has been resolved, if you would like a copy of the updated Pixelnet plugin for testing, please send me an email at
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, »
Yes, I have it and testing it now. I looked at my email after I read this and it was waiting on me. Got wraped up in building the hub yesterday or it would already be tested.

Greg

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, »
Any info on how it's working?  Having all sorts of issues with LSP and the SS right now...

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, »
So, far so good. Have it working with one song that I sent to LSP for evaluation for 2 hours.  The real test will be when I add multiple sequences to the scheduler and it plays for at least 4 hours. My sugestion at this point is to use one Pixelnet dongle and pass the DMX though it.  This seems to work the best at this point.

Greg

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2011, »
Any chance someone with the new LSP Pixelnet plugin could forward it to me?  I've tried emailing but David must be busy with 2.0 or AFK or something.  Trying to get a fourth of July waving flag and fireworks pixel matrix display set up, but without the working plugin, I fear all of that will be a lost cause.  Kinda running out of time!

Offline dmoore

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, »
Any chance someone with the new LSP Pixelnet plugin could forward it to me?  I've tried emailing but David must be busy with 2.0 or AFK or something.  Trying to get a fourth of July waving flag and fireworks pixel matrix display set up, but without the working plugin, I fear all of that will be a lost cause.  Kinda running out of time!

The pixelnet plug-in isn't required to get started on your sequencing, just output.  I'm sure it's worth the wait to have LSP 2.0 come out with as few issues as possible.  RJ is on the LSP 2.0 beta team so I think it's safe LSP 2.0 will work with PixelNet just fine.

Offline rm357

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, »
You have to get one of the beta versions of version 1.8 to use pixelnet. The updated driver just fixes a memory leak. The beta version has some issues, which have been pushed to the side so that work can be concentrated on version 2.

RM
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline TAdamsOK

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, »
Well of course it could be user error; it happens from time to time (especially with me).  I thought it could also be hardware problems as well since I don't have a ton of soldering experience.  However a couple quick minutes figuring out how to work vixen and viola! I had pixels doing exactly what I told them to!  So at least I have that much to not worry about, but there is no way to animate the flag waving on Vixen currently.  Any way to export a LSP sequence to Vixen?

Yes, I know you don't have to have it working to sequence.  However, my fourth of July matrix that I was wanting to display will not work.  Oh well not a huge deal.  One thing I have noticed though; the visual typically runs a tick or so behind the music which makes tweeking timings virtually impossible.  I hear that is much better on 2.0.  I guess my LOR controllers can work for finding and testing timings for now.

Wasn't aware that you needed a beta 1.8 (or are they all considered beta at this point?).  I have two versions of 1.8 installed and operating (on separate machines).  They both have the original pixelnet plug-in and both act exactly the same.  They display the pixels for about one frame, half of which are the wrong color, then it just appears to lock up and sit like that indefinitely.  Really does look like a memory leak as well.  Ends up tying up the Com port and eventually locks LSP up as well.