Author Topic: Kit #3 BOM  (Read 1217 times)

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
Kit #3 BOM
« on: June 16, 2011, »
Anyone have the BOM for “Kit #3”?  - I don’t see it in the Wiki.

Now I get it – Picked up a power supply with WAY more power then I need for a few dollar more ($92 when all said and done - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) – I planned on using 2 active hubs to help separate out my cable runs and 4 passive hubs for objects.  But was thinking of taking the 12v out of the main hub (Hub 1) to the in on the secondary hub (Hub 2) with SPT (same concept as the passive hub).

Bad idea?

Harrison

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Kit #3 BOM
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, »
I don't have the info for kit #3

But why not just cut one or two or three of the drive connectors and splice your wire in and plug the connectors from the power supply into the second hub. Basically extending the connectors that power up the HD or DVD/CD drives and you already have the connectors on the second hub. That way you are not pulling a lot of amps through the pcb and nothing else to buy.

Just a thought

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, »
Hi Guys

The Bom is in the wiki now

Cheers

Rick R.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, »
if you want to hack up the connections from the pc power supply, i'd rather you get a 24pin atx extender cable, then hack that up. that way you still keep your warranty on your power supply   :D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline hbomb341

• Patron Member
    • Flower Mound Christmas
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, »
if you want to hack up the connections from the pc power supply, i'd rather you get a 24pin atx extender cable, then hack that up. that way you still keep your warranty on your power supply   :D

I agree - I would like to keep the warranty.  Plus $5 and some SPT - can't beat that  :)

THANK's Rick {rrowan}!!!!

Harrison

Offline golights

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, »
Rick,
Thank you for taking the time to post this information.  You seem to have your hands full keeping us happy.  Much appreciated.

Ken