Author Topic: Wireless Rainbow Floods & Spots  (Read 1283 times)

Offline mmais68569

Wireless Rainbow Floods & Spots
« on: June 18, 2011, »
After much help from members of the board I now have Wireless Rainbow Floods & spots.
Picture 1 Is the TX/RX in a Glad  Refrigerator  container mounted on the back of the controller case.
Picture 2 Is the same thing with cover removed.
Picture 3 Close up of receiver mounted in container.
This does not require removal of the RS485, & no worry about heat build up because of the removal.

It has been tested & works right now at about 75' to 85'
Now to build a cross over Cat 5 so I can daisy chain to a LOR controller.

Mike Mais

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
Re: Wireless Rainbow Floods & Spots
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, »
Mike,
Nice, I am wanting to do something similar because I am trying to keep from running cables around my garage this year for the rainbow floods on the other side of the driveway from the controller.

What are you feeding from the TX/RX, is it a Lynx MR16 or some other DMX controller?

My testing/options went as follows:
In my first attempt I attempted to use a EX/RX to bypass the 485 chip and feed into a 3 channel DMX controllers with the addressable dip.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I removed the SMT chip and soldered leads to it from the EX/RX using the wireless mod.
That didn't work, and I am not sure why.

So my second option is that I am going to feed into one of the above controllers via a DMX out off a nearby wireless LE, that is as long as I am not feeding to anything else. One of the DMX outs are disabled when using wireless per the manual  :(

Finally, I have a spare TX/RX and could always do as you have done.

Thanks for the reminding me and for providing pictures.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mmais68569

Re: Wireless Rainbow Floods & Spots
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, »
I am using the Rainbow Brain to control the lights. All you need to do is build the TX/RX run a Cat 5 cable from the receiver to the board & that is it nothing to remove. It can also be done the same way with any DC board just assign 3 channels per flood or spot.

I did not want to get into altering a good thing so I did it this way. I can not take the credit I just built it with help of others giving me information on what to do from the board.

Mike